Lookup Multiple Verses at One Time

Dr. Nathan Parker

I've done this before in the past, but I've forgotten how I did it.

If I have multiple verses in a paragraph and want to look them all up at once, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks!

All you need to do is click and drag select over the verse reference (even with text intervening). The trick is to start the click  somewhere in the first reference. Then it should automagically open all the references. 

I think you can command-click within a reference (as in a commentary or dictionary with a list of refs) and it will do it as well. As Ken stated for example, if you are in the Info Pane and select cross references as in "Reciprical" for example. Accordance will automatically open them in a text pane.

Edited by Dan Langston

I got Ken's suggestion to work. When I command+click, I'm still getting a Text Browser of just one reference. Maybe a setting is incorrect on my end.

When you hover over a list of references like in a commentary, and the curser turns to a magnifying glass, THEN hit command-click and all the refs open up

5 hours ago, Dan Langston said:

When you hover over a list of references like in a commentary, and the curser turns to a magnifying glass, THEN hit command-click and all the refs open up

Still not doing it for me. I can post a screen recording of what it's doing if you want to see it.

Cmd click works for me.

Accordance for Mac 14.0.9, [macOS Sonoma 14.4, 16 inch 2021 MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Pro, 16 GB]

Here's my video.

I’ve never been aware of the cmd-click option. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, but I’ve not known about. 2c

I know it worked before "live click" was developed.  I remember a forum post where Helen shared about it.

Just tried it with "live click" enabled, which Nathan's video shows, and it didn't work.

Then turned off "live click" and it worked.

Maybe that's a thing. 

I've used command-click to see pull up all the references in a paragraph for years....probably since I started using Accordance.  I began with version 6 or 7.  But I also don't use live click. 

Still having issues with me with Live Click Disabled. Can someone walk through a sample of how they're doing it?

I did some experimenting, and I think I've found the difference.  Go to Accordance>Settings>Amplify.  Way at the bottom there is a setting "Open Verse Hyperlinks In:"  Mine was set to "Text Tab" but when I change it to "Text Browser Tab" I get the results you show in your screencast above. 

Amplifysettings.thumb.png.f891500ee474265079d4e493cd0f9bfc.png

• Like 4

Way to go Lorinda.  In this video, I show that if you CMD-click on the Referent verse in a commentary, it only pulls that up.  But the first verse in the paragraph opens up all the subsequent verses in that paragraph. 

Edited by Dan Langston

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover That's what was missing! Thanks for digging this up! Working perfectly for me with CMD+Click now! This would make for a fun QuickTip video.