Accordance Equivalent Features for Logos Users Also Using Accordance

Dr. Nathan Parker

Some Logos users also use or may be interested in using Accordance. While Accordance and Logos do not have identical features, they share many features in common. Some of them use different terminology. Here is a list of the equivalent features between Accordance and Logos and their terms used in Accordance. This list may not be exhaustive. Feel free to ask questions!

I wrote one of these on Wordsearch as well a while back. Not sure where it was posted. It was before I came to work here. I'll see if I can dig it up. I don't have a copy of BibleWorks where I can draft a similar comparison, but if anyone wants to write one, feel free to.

Logos Base Packages are Accordance Primary Collections

Logos Resources are Accordance Modules

Both Logos and Accordance has a Library. In Accordance, it is a pane on the left-hand side of the screen.

Both Logos and Accordance has a Main Toolbar. In Accordance, it is always at the top of the screen.

Bibles, Apocrypha, Church Fathers, Talmud, Josephus, Dead Sea Scrolls, Philo, Pseudepigrpha, Qur’an, and a handful of other “primary sources” are under Texts in the Library. Most “secondary sources” are under Tools

Syntax Graphs, Greek Diagrams, and Targums WordMap are under Databases in the Library

Gospel Parallels and Harmonies and other Old/New Testament Parallels can be found under Parallels in the Library

Atlas and Timeline are under Background in the Library

The equivalent of the Documents menu in Logos is the My Stuff section in the Library

Logos Personal Books are Accordance User Tools and User Bibles

Logos Notes are Accordance User Notes

Logos Clippings are Accordance Stacks

Logos Sermon Builder has a similar layout to Accordance Papers, although not identical in functionality

Logos Layouts are Accordance Workspaces

Logos Collections are Accordance My Groups

Logos Favorites are Accordance Bookmarks

Accordance version information can be found under About Accordance on the Accordance menu (Mac) or the Help menu (Windows)

“Update Resources” in the Logos Command Box is Accordance Easy Install and Check for Content Updates on the Accordance menu (Mac) or the Utilities menu (Windows)

“Update Now” in the Logos Command Box is Accordance Check for App Updates on the Accordance menu (Mac) or the Utilities menu (Windows)

Syncing in Accordance can currently be accomplished using Sync with Mobile Device or Sync with Dropbox on the Accordance menu (Mac) or the Utilities menu (Windows), but this will change with enhanced syncing coming in Accordance 14.1

Logos Program Settings is Settings (macOS Ventura or later) or Preferences (macOS Monterey or earlier or Windows) on the Accordance menu (Mac) or the Edit menu (Windows)

You can view all of your Bible versions for a passage using File>New Tab>Text Browser

Searching multiple books in your library is accomplished using Research

Logos Word Study Guide is Accordance Word Study

Logos Morph Query or Syntax Searches are accomplished using File>New Tab>Construct (Simple for primarily English searches, Greek or Hebrew for biblical language searches)

Accordance also has a built-in Web Browser for looking up Bible study websites inside Accordance

Print is on the File menu

Logos Export is Save Text Selection on the File menu

Copy As>Citation or Bibliography allows one to copy citations for footnotes or export Bibliography information outside of Accordance (similar but not 100% identical to Logos Bibliography documents)

The Search menu in Accordance contains all the major search commands for texts and tools in Accordance, as well as they will appear in the Quick Entry drop down menu when typing in a search command in any text or tool

Both Logos and Accordance have the ability to toggle between Light and Dark Mode

Both Logos and Accordance offer highlighting

Triple-Click a word in a text in Accordance to look up a quick definition, or double click the word and select Amplify to choose the tool you wish to look up the word

Accordance also offers Live Click to search multiple tools from any text with one click

Logos Information is Accordance Instant Details

Accordance has a Characters window for typing in Greek or Hebrew characters

Accordance has a Devotional workspace that can load your daily devotional similar to the Devotions Logos QuickStart Layout

Each module opens in Accordance in a tab, and one can group tabs into different zones in a workspace

You can also magnify any zone in Accordance to take up the entire workspace

Logos Link Set is Accordance Tab Ties

Logos Send Hyperlinks Here is Accordance Recycle Contents 

Logos Copy Bible Verses is Accordance Get Verses

Accordance also offers a Slide Show and Reading Mode for presenting or distraction-free reading

Accordance offers Help, Tutorials, Videos, Webinars, Seminars, Blog, Forums, and Support from the Help menu

Logos Shared Documents with the community is the Accordance Exchange on the Help menu

Logos Report Typo is Accordance Report a Correction on the Help menu

Logos Charts is Accordance Analytics, plus Accordance offers additional analytics

Logos Passage Guide and Explorer is Accordance Info Pane

Logos Parallel Book Sets is the book switcher menu to the left of the search box in Accordance texts and tools

Logos Inline Search is searching any single book in Accordance

When searching texts, hit the plus button to choose a Range (Old Testament, New Testament, etc) or Scope (Chapter, Verse, Clause, Sentence, Paragraph, or Book)

Add context to any search in a text using the Context slider to the right of the Quick Click Verse Picker (looks like a Table of Contents icon)

Logos Multiple Books Display is Accordance Add Parallel panes

Logos Text Comparison is Accordance Compare check box on text windows

Increase or decrease the font using the double A icon on any text or tool window

To access Interlinear Bibles, use the Show Interlinear menu next to the double A icon on any text window

Logos Information on any book is Accordance About this Text or About this Tool on the Action menu (gear icon)

Create your own text flow diagrams using Phrasing on the Action menu (gear icon) in any text

Logos Sentence Diagrammer is Accordance Diagram

Navigate through text or tools using the navigation buttons at the bottom of any text or tool window, and quickly go to a Bible passage using the Go To box at the bottom of a text window

Accordance also offers handy Parsing and Word Charts that can be created of biblical texts

Logos Read Aloud is Accordance Speech (Mac only at the moment)

You can pin modules to the main toolbar in Accordance (Mac only at the moment)

Accordance Tools have a Table of Contents (works similar to Logos)

Accordance tools have Search Fields in each tools window, the Plus button allows for searching multiple fields

Logos Media is the Visual Tools section in the Library

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Dr. Nathan Parker changed the title to Accordance Equivalent Features for Logos Users Also Using Accordance

Wow... impressive knowledge of both apps!

Impressive list Dr. Parker! Although we have corresponded of late, I would like to add what may very well be a feature request but is more likely a question to the power users of Accordance. I have been using the sermon builder of Logos for some time but I sense some things are changing in the Logos world and would like to do my entire sermon study and work using Accordance. We use Proclaim at our church but is there a way to EXPORT a sermon done in Accordance into a format Proclaim can use. Is there a way to even EXPORT a sermon in Accordance? I did not do an exhaustive look. I imported a previous sermon made in Logos into Accordance and that went well. I imported it from a HTML file (although I could export from Logos and import into Accordance in other formats like PDF). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am looking at cutting the Logos cord!

Bob

EDIT: Dr. Parker, feel free to move this if it fits better elsewhere!

Edited by rcdeacon
  • Like 1

Hi Bob! Thanks for the feedback! What format are you storing the sermon in Accordance? User Tool or Papers?

I have one of these lists on Accordance and Wordsearch as well I wrote a while back. I'm asking our teams if they can dig it up. It not, I can draft a new one and post it here.

I don't have BibleWorks, so I can't draft a comparison there. If anyone wants to draft one though, I'll be glad to feature it!

Dr. Parker, I am not sure about storage format. I have yet to find options for that. I am a newbie with papers and while I have begun a sermon and have the main points of the message I fail to see any options for saving like PDF, HTML or Rich Text.

Bob

EDIT: I found it! Sorry

Edited by rcdeacon

If you're using Papers, you can go to File>Save Text and save as an RTF.

It's been a while since I've been in a church using Proclaim, but I think it only imports PowerPoint or Keynote files.

If you can import your RTF somehow into PowerPoint, then import your PowerPoint slides in, it may work.

My printer software allows printing or saving as a PDF. So if I have a user tool, I send it to the printer, but save it as a  pdf

Thank you. I will be experimenting this week!

Bob

Keep us posted!

Thank you.  I must say that there is absolutely no comparison to Logos Sermons and Accordance Papers.

Accordance Paper is a helpful tool, but does not have the features of Logos Sermons.

Dan, you are absolutely correct in your analysis. A lot of work went into Accordance papers a number of years ago, but I do wish it was revised more in line with the features of Logos Sermon Builder! Just my 2 cents.

Bob

• Like 1

We'll keep it in mind for future versions of Accordance!