tagging in Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language

Leopold Green

I was looking forward to buying this module and was a little surprised and disappointed that whilst all the biblical references are tagged no other references are - eg DSS which sort of limits the EHL integration with wider Hebrew texts in accordance

CleanShot 2024-03-04 at 11.52.14@2x.png

• Like 2

I used a yellow highlight to show where other tagged references could have been in this article 

I think we're working on a future update to this (but we still did the initial release so we could get it out the door), but I'm not 100% sure on the details. I'll send this on so we can take a look. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

whilst all the biblical references are tagged no other references are - eg DSS

Since it’s the Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics, not of biblical Hebrew Language . . ., this is a major oversight. Before I buy or recommend, Acc. will have to fix this. Otherwise I will wait to see if the L edition tags everything.

I'll also show this to management.

• Thanks 1

A fully-tagged update is already complete and only needs to be downloaded as an update. It will be version 1.1 of the module.

However, the links to the Mishnah in EHLL will not work until an update to MISH-T and MISH-N are released.

Links aren't added to the Jerusalem Talmud yet since we only have it in translation or the Tosefta because our edition does not use the same verse numbering as the EHLL.

The best bet for a user to find a passage referred to in the Tosefta is to search for the Hebrew words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found out that even though it took a bit for us to get EHLL out the door, we were still the first major Bible software platform to release it.

So I'll have to give some high praise to our module developers for being the first to get it done!

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 12:44 AM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I found out that even though it took a bit for us to get EHLL out the door, we were still the first major Bible software platform to release it.

So I'll have to give some high praise to our module developers for being the first to get it done!

Praise indeed! Thanks Nathan - EHLL is much more useful now... I hope they will update the Mishnah... much less bothered about linking to Tosefta

Anytime! Thanks for the feedback!