What are Your Favorite Bible Dictionaries?

Dr. Nathan Parker

Continuing the poll, what are your favorite Bible dictionaries?

I like ISBE Revised, New Interpreter's, and Anchor.

I also heavily use Evangelical Dictionary of Theology 3rd Edition and Dictionary of Biblical Theology.

The IVP Dictionaries of the OT and NT are also super valuable!

While my theological perspective is not that of the Anchor Dictionary, nevertheless it is my "go-to" dictionary. Very close behind are the IVP series. I wish they were combined as a single module but I will often use Research with the IVP Dictionaries as a user group. 

• Like 1

Anchor is most up-to-date, even if it is, as @Tony Lawrence says, not my "theological perspective." I do consult some of the older (and much cheaper) ones such as ISBE, Easton's, and Eerdmans, since the bulk of their material is still relevant even is other parts are dated.

Same here on Anchor not being my theological perspective either, but you can't beat how in-depth it is.

Good suggestion on a User Group of the IVP Dictionaires. I need to create one. I'd heavily use it.

They're small, but I also love the IVP Pocket Dictionaries and should create a User Group on those as well. They're so excellent for quick definitions and such a great value.