No Greek! No Hebrew! Nothing Available in Accordance

Helen Cadogan

Good day. I booted up Accordance on the laptop two days ago and found that the NT-28, Hebrew MT, LXX and the rest of the texts are gone. The tabs show blank. The only text that's perhaps accessible is some Legacy Bible that I never downloaded and don't want. The majority of texts and tools are "not available in Accordance" and I'm sometimes pointed to the website—which won't open even though it should.

If I open the NET Bible, I can access the NT-28 via Parallel. However, there are blanks on the Parallel drop down list. So when clicking on one of the blanks that hopefully might be the BHS, only thing that pops up for any of them is the NT-28. The Tools also have taken a powder. 

Moreover, when the NT-28 is accessed via Parallel or the NET's vocabulary is click, some of the instant details show as a gobbled mix of Traditional and Simplified Mandarin, Korean, and just plain junk letters. If I'm lucky, it actually shows something. The app on the iPad and iPhone is fine.

I've tried downloading the Free Starter and got bupkis. I figure I'd have to erase ALL the Accordance files and its preferences and am reluctant to do that. 

There are searches and analyses to be done that require the laptop app. What's happening with it? How can I fix this problem? Never seen anything like it in the 20+ years I've been using Accordance. Help!

Update: To add insult to injury, I erased ALL my files. Tried the free starter 13.4. Zippo. Tried Accordance 14 download. Nothing is working. So now, I've got a boatload of searches to do and no viable desktop app.

BTW, I'm running 13. Haven't upgraded yet.

Edited by Helen Cadogan

image.thumb.png.55c62e983c0200981e3fa1ad7ff81b26.png

This is what I get. I deleted ALL the Accordance files. Scoured the system's Library to make sure even the preferences went. Downloaded the app. Reinstalled. Did the whole password dance. Got this after all of that. Where did the Legacy Standard Bible come from? I never downloaded. It's not on the iPad or the iPhone. I've tried the CHAT route. Had to send messages and heard back nothing.

Well, I bought Accordance 14 and everything seems to be back. From what's posted about the upgrade for 14, not any time soon, please God.

Hi @Helen Cadogan,

If I am understanding correctly, everything seems to be up and running again. However, if that is not the case, I would contact tech support directly at techsupport@accordancebible.com and they would be able to make sure that everything in your account is showing properly.

I hope this helps,

Kristin