Vulgate cross-highlight

Mike Atnip

Is there a way to get the tagged Vulgate to cross highlight when hovering over a word in another text? I know for the LXX I need to have BHS also open, so I am wondering if there is a "trick" to make it happen with the Vulgate, or whether it is simply not possible.

• Like 1

I think it is not possible.  The LXX-BHS cross highlighting works only if one has the MT-LXX interlinear module or MT-LXX Parallel module.   I'm guessing you have one or the other of those.  To my knowledge, Accordance does not have a similar module for LXX or BHS to Vulgate.  

1 hour ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

I think it is not possible.  The LXX-BHS cross highlighting works only if one has the MT-LXX interlinear module or MT-LXX Parallel module.   I'm guessing you have one or the other of those.  To my knowledge, Accordance does not have a similar module for LXX or BHS to Vulgate.  

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. I could complain, but then I think about having half a dozen hard copies open on my desk and trying to keep them all on the same verse as I study/read, and I realize Accordance still makes things much easier. :-)

I often find that the things I can do with accordance that are harder to do in print often make me yearn for more power/features in Accordance.  

It is also the case that the MT-LXX parallel and interlinear rely on a ton of hard work by scholars, done before that work was turned into an Accordance module.   I have no idea if there are scholars who have done that work with the Vulgate. 

Edited because I realized I sounded “preachy” and that was not my intent. 

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover