TARGUMS module missing and not found by Easy Install

Accordance Enthusiast

@Dr. Nathan Parker and @Mike Garrity, I think this is a repeatable bug or at least room for improvement in the easy install for windows.

I'm running windows 10 and the latest Accordance 14.09.

Here's what happened:

Somehow the TARGG-T module went missing from my PC. It was still in the library but the file was gone.

Easy install cannot get it back for me! So I manually copied it over from a backup I have. Now it works fine. 

To reproduce:

Delete the TARGG-T folder from the Accordance > Modules > Texts folder, and Easy install will not be able to get it back for you.

Clue:

The Targums Geniza fragments Hebrew module seems to be older than the rest, even the search results are not as accurate as the other modules. The easy install is not an issue with the main targum module. 

Suggestion:

Please could you improve easy install in the future to be able to fix such problems where the files have disappeared?

I think if you remove it from the library, Easy Install could then find it and download it. With it still showing in the library, that might have caused the confusion with Easy Install.

@Dr. Nathan Parker, I tried deleting the module from the library, but it does it does not work for my specific module. Easy install still cannot re-download it.

You will need to test by deleting this specific module to see the issue as shown in my post above. If you have time to test it will be great. 

I'll test it Wednesday. Thanks!

• Like 1

I can reproduce this one as well.

Hi, I can't reproduce this one. At first I thought it was one of those times where you have to delete the entire collection and then they all download again together. However I right clicked and then selected 'Remove Item' and and just removed the TARGG-T from the library and was able to download it in Easy Install by itself. This was on a Windows 10 PC and Accordance 14.0.9.  Then I actually removed it (as directed) from the Accordance > Modules > Texts folder. Then of course as long as there is an empty shell in the library, Easy Install won't download it, until you also remove the empty shell from the library. Once I did that, I was able to download the TARGG-T in Easy Install again. The new downloads always go to the bottom of their categories.

Try it this way and let us know if there is still an issue.   Thanks.

Hi @Billy32792, it does not work for me.

It's probably not such a big deal as I had a backup. But I tried again today and after removing it from the Accordance library I cannot restore it with easy install.

It might be because I only own this module as part of a package and not individually? 

After deleting the 'shell' from accordance program and refreshing easy install:

image.png.cf771a8bf339abfdfc29520262c64205.png

For what it's worth, I was able to reproduce the issue on my Windows 11 PC using my work Accordance Account. I don't think I own it in my personal account.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Dr. Nathan Parker for confirming that you could reproduce the issue.

Anyway, I'm sorted out for now, just thought I would be something you'd all want to correct if possible.

Edited by Accordance Enthusiast