How to open a verse reference in a specific text and in the full text, not just the verse itself?

guineau

Often when I am looking in eg. BDB, there is a verse reference I would like to see. The Instant Details is helpful to see the whole verse in English, however I would like to be able to open that verse in the full text (usually HMT). If I click on the reference, it opens a new window with just the verse itself. If I right-click and select "Search In -> HMT" I get a popup error saying "A verse reference selection cannot be used from any tool."

How do I get a verse reference to open in eg HMT and scroll to the verse in the full text?

Edited by guineau

1 hour ago, guineau said:

Often when I am looking in eg. BDB, there is a verse reference I would like to see. The Instant Details is helpful to see the whole verse in English, however I would like to be able to open that verse in the full text (usually HMT). If I click on the reference, it opens a new window with just the verse itself. If I right-click and select "Search In -> HMT" I get a popup error saying "A verse reference selection cannot be used from any tool."

How do I get a verse reference to open in eg HMT and scroll to the verse in the full text?

If I understand correctly, once the reference from BDB is open just check the "Show all text" box.

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 6.29.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 6.30.24 PM.png

Edited by accord

ah yes.  Thank you!