default indent display problem on NIV2011

Wing Kei Wong

The text is NIV2011 with enhanced G/K number and is set to "paragraph with space" mode. As shown below, the indent space (green rectangle area) of Exod. 6:15-25 at the beginning of the verse is too long, reducing the readability, especially when the text pane is not wide enough. Note that I haven't added my indent in these verses. 

Another thing is that when the mouse is over the space area, it is recognised as a tagged word. In this example (red oval area), the word "son" is shown in the "Instant Detail" area, which makes me reckon that this is a problem more than simply misalignment.

Thanks.

My platform:

MacBook Air M2

MacOS 14.2.1

Accordance 14.0.8

image.thumb.png.ed8dae84b3c6a918b812f031b9fa261e.png

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover Was this what you were telling me about?

On 1/31/2024 at 2:32 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover Was this what you were telling me about?

Sure looks like it!

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover I'm trying to find your post on this. Feel free to copy and paste the link to this in your post and send me the link to yours. We can look into it.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover I'm trying to find your post on this. Feel free to copy and paste the link to this in your post and send me the link to yours. We can look into it.

Here's my post:

Might have been had to find as the title had to do with the copy and paste issue that is also caused by this bug. 

On 1/30/2024 at 11:11 PM, Wing Kei Wong said:

The text is NIV2011 with enhanced G/K number and is set to "paragraph with space" mode. As shown below, the indent space (green rectangle area) of Exod. 6:15-25 at the beginning of the verse is too long, reducing the readability, especially when the text pane is not wide enough. Note that I haven't added my indent in these verses. 

Another thing is that when the mouse is over the space area, it is recognised as a tagged word. In this example (red oval area), the word "son" is shown in the "Instant Detail" area, which makes me reckon that this is a problem more than simply misalignment.

Thanks.

My platform:

MacBook Air M2

MacOS 14.2.1

Accordance 14.0.8

image.thumb.png.ed8dae84b3c6a918b812f031b9fa261e.png

I've also seen, and reported, this NIV 2011GKE issue in the past.   

Thanks! Also chatting with our programmers about it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems in NIV11-GKE version 1.8 (believe the module was just updated) that some of the irregular word spacing reported above was corrected; however, I've now came across a different formatting issue.

Mac OS 12.7.3

Accordance 14.0.9

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 8.41.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 8.42.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 8.43.00 PM.png

Thanks!

Have you used Custom Phrasing on any of these verses?

If not, Report that one to Corrections. I'm going to be doing some Bible Corrections work, so I might be able to look into it.

2 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Thanks!

Have you used Custom Phrasing on any of these verses?

If not, Report that one to Corrections. I'm going to be doing some Bible Corrections work, so I might be able to look into it.

No, no custom phrasing at all Nathan – and the issue has been reported to corrections.

Good to know. Thanks! I'll take a look at it when I get to Bible corrections.