Forum User duplication

Anthony Pyles

I'm hoping this is the best place to put this question; here goes!

Years ago I was very active on the forums while in graduate school and teaching Old Testament. Then for a number of years I taught middle school Latin and used Accordance much less frequently. During that interim updates were made to the website.

Originally, for whatever reason, my website username and my forums username were distinct. During one of the website updates a new username for the forums was automatically generated, so that now it automatically signs me into the forum using this new username (Anthony Pyles) and I have a great deal of difficulty even finding a way to sign in with my old username (Tony Pyles). Is there a way to merge these two forum users, or to get rid of this new username and attach my old one to my website account?

I know handling the particulars of this would probably involve taking this off the forums to share email addresses associated with the different accounts, etc., but did not see the best way to contact someone about this. And perhaps this happened to others, though I did not find anything about it in a brief browse of the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Pyles

Aha! I found a way to sign in. Just chiming in with each user to say they are both me.

• Like 1

Hi @Tony Pyles,

I am glad you were able to get in. Ya, a while ago Accordance combined the store and forum accounts. I kind of think now that you have been able to sign in with the two accounts, I think it should now work going forward. However, if it doesn't, or you want the two accounts merged, I think Accordance support can do that on their end.

At present, in order for it to work to sign in, I have to open a private browsing window, otherwise it defaults to this new user. So if there is a way to merge them, that would be wonderful!

Hi @Anthony Pyles,

There for sure is a way to merge them. You just need to contact techsupport@accordancebible.com and they can merge it on their end. You will just need to let them know the two accounts, and which you want to be left as the primary account.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

I can probably merge this. Let me ask someone.

By the way, Took off your email so spammers don't get you.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Hah! Looks like I am signed into one user on my phone and another on the office computer.

Tech Support is working on this for you.