Free Mac Microsoft 365 Exchange Mail Client Besides Apple Mail

Dr. Nathan Parker

Besides Apple Mail, is there another totally free email client that can connect to Microsoft 365 Exchange over EWS ActiveSync (not IMAP/SMTP, and it can’t use an app password, it’d have to use Microsoft 365’s login).

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll keep you posted. I've been using Apple Mail, but I'm having issues with Sonoma 14.3.

I use a combination of DavMail and Offlineimap to sync from Microsoft 365 to Maildir on my local machine. Then I can use whatever email client I want (in my case NeoMutt). This is under Linux of course, but it probably can be made to work with Mac if you're patient.

It's good for my work email, but it can fail if your work really locks Microsoft 365 down. At my University, you have to use Outlook or Outlook online and every other application and method of connecting is blocked.

33 minutes ago, David Purton said:

It's good for my work email, but it can fail if your work really locks Microsoft 365 down. At my University, you have to use Outlook or Outlook online and every other application and method of connecting is blocked.

The one I need to sync with is pretty locked down. but I'll run some tests and see. Thanks!

That Thunderbird extension won't work. Only for calendars/contacts, not mail.

Guess I'll have to use Apple Mail for Exchange and Thunderbird for the rest. There's a bug in Sonoma 14.3 though where even with predictive text disabled, Apple Mail keeps changing what I type in emails, which hasn't been fun.