Unable to combine Texts

Dan Langston

Hello.  I'm familiar with how to combine texts.  On my mac, I noticed I didn't have a combined Greek and Hebrew text.  I went to combine texts, but didn't see an option to choose a Hebrew or Greek text to combine.

Here is a screenshot:

Is there a step I'm missing? I checked the help file and didn't see a missing step.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 5.43.31 PM.png

Hi @Dan Langston,

I'm having the same issue. I first thought the issue is that you hadn't added the Hebrew as parallel text (which is needed to combine them), but I can't combine either. Normally if you have the two texts in parallel there is an "add this combination" option (which is distinct from "manage") but that option seems to be missing.

• Thanks 1

If I understand what you're trying to do—i.e., being able to go, in the same pane, from, say Heb. Psa 119 to GNT Gal 3—you can do that. However, your main text has to be one that has OT and NT, e.g., ESV, NRSV, etc. First open that text, then open a Hebrew Bible as a parallel text. In that parallel text pane, you'll then see the combined text button and you can add your GNT. Hope that helps!

Hi @Donald Cobb,

I'm still not seeing it. I started with the ESV, then I added the OT as a parallel, then I added a text I know is only in the NT (I couldn't use Gk and Heb txts since I already have a lot of combined stuff and needed something original as a test). However, as you can see from the screenshot, the "add" isn't there.

If you are seeing it, can you post a screenshot? I am not sure if I am just not seeing it, or if it is a bug.

Thanks,

Kristin

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-29 um 11.36.52.png

Hi @Donald Cobb,

Yes, it is not obvious to me what I was missing before, but now after watching your movie it is working fine, so I must have been missing a step without noticing it.

Anyway, after doing so, now the "add" function is finally there again. I can add a screenshot to make sure @Dan Langston has it now too.

Kristin

Bildschirmfoto2024-01-29um15_45_47.png.1e14912e360d49d3c6f4e831677dd15b.png

• Thanks 1