Cross text Highlighting preferences.

Mr. Craig

Is there a way to turn off cross-text highlighting? If I highlight more than one verse, the highlights are applied to all my open texts (as far as I can tell). I usually want to highlight within a single text.

I cannot find anything in preferences to change the behavior for highlighting multiple versions.

Thanks

Hi @Mr. Craig,

If I am understanding correctly, you are referring to when you actively highlight a word, compared to the "highlight" on a tagged text which only indicates a word while you are actively scrolling over it.

That said, it sounds like you are highlighting the verse number. Whenever you highlight the verse number, it will highlight that verse in EVERY version you have. If, however, you highlight only the words, but not the numbers, it will only highlight in the version you actively highlighted.

So for example, if you wanted to highlight all the words in Gen 1:1-2, you would need to highlight only the words in Gen 1, then release the highlight and restart in verse 2 without actually touching the 1 or 2.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Thank you! That helps. It is awkward, but at least it gives me a work around

8 hours ago, Kristin said:

Hi @Mr. Craig,

If I am understanding correctly, you are referring to when you actively highlight a word, compared to the "highlight" on a tagged text which only indicates a word while you are actively scrolling over it.

That said, it sounds like you are highlighting the verse number. Whenever you highlight the verse number, it will highlight that verse in EVERY version you have. If, however, you highlight only the words, but not the numbers, it will only highlight in the version you actively highlighted.

So for example, if you wanted to highlight all the words in Gen 1:1-2, you would need to highlight only the words in Gen 1, then release the highlight and restart in verse 2 without actually touching the 1 or 2.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Wow, that's convoluted. I wonder why Accordance did it that way. Maybe something to do with facilitating linkage to notes in Accordance.

I looked around and found a checkbox in [Right click in the Bible text -> Set Text Pane Display ... -> Advanced -> Hide verse highlighting]. It sounds like this might be a step toward what @Mr. Craig is looking for. Unfortunately, the checkbox doesn't seem to stick.

1. Select the checkbox.

2. Click OK.

3. Highlight a couple of verses, including verse numbers. Check a parallel text - it's marked up there (i.e. the attempt didn't work).

4. Delete the highlight. Highlight also goes away in the parallel text.

5. Go back to the checkbox. The tick is now gone.

6. Try again from step 1. The checkbox still doesn't stay ticked.

I suppose this would be a good feature request to be able to select multiple verses within a single text easily. I think I see now that I really didn’t miss anything in the preferences

Feel free to post it in "Feature Requests"!