Discounts and Sales

David Lloyd

Hi All,

Let's say there is a sale on an item that is typically $150.00 but the sale price is $129.00. But let's say that I have access to a standing 15% off (for reasons) which would make the price $127.50.

There's no way to override the "on sale price" as far as I can tell and whilst this isn't significant (this is a real example - ahem), there's no great reason to pay more than one needs to.

In this situation, I could just wait for the sale to end and then buy the thing at the current price less 15% but it seems a little odd.

So I wonder if the Accordance Team would consider something like:

"When the user applies a coupon which applies to the standard price, if the coupon would reduce the cost of the item below the amount of the sale, apply the discounted amount and not the sale amount." --> at the moment the coupon will not apply to the item because it's already on sale.

Nb. I'm not asking for 15% off the sale price --> just the lowest of the two possible prices :)

David Lloyd

University Certificate in Christian Theology, Charles Sturt University

Seminarian, Nashotah House

Hi @David Lloyd. Just in case you're not aware ... when you run into situations like this where the website gets in the way of making a purchase :), you can always contact orders@accordancebible.com, and they will be able to manually create an order for you with the best sale price.

Nonetheless, I think your feature request is a good idea. Maybe @Dr. Nathan Parker can move this topic to "Website Questions, Suggestions, and Feedback"?

Done.

• Thanks 1