Lampe's Patristic Lexicon

Dr. Nathan Parker

We had a module request a while back for Lampe's Patristic Lexicon. Posting it here to see if there's interest.

I'm definitely interested, but is it a realistic possibility? This was published in 1961, so it's highly unlikely there's an etext from the original printing. So unless Oxford made one later—you'd have to ask them—you're talking about a massive OCR project: 1612 pages of mixed English, polytonic Greek, and abbreviations, likely to require lots of manual corrections on every page.

See this thread for prior discussion:

As a general comment, reviving lots of past threads will only gauge interest among people who regularly visit the forum. I would imagine the majority of forum users only visit occasionally when they need something: looking for help, requesting a module, etc.

Edited by jlm
  • Like 2

I would say Lampe's is indeed useful, but I would not put it high on the priority list. In the meantime, I just access the volume on archive.org:
https://archive.org/details/a-patristic-greek-lexicon-edited-by-g.-w.-h.-lampe.-1961pdf/page/603/mode/2up

46 minutes ago, mgvh said:

I would say Lampe's is indeed useful, but I would not put it high on the priority list.

I would say the same and echo Jlm's thoughts on the size of the project compared with the (probably limited) interest it would generate. Its usefulness would probably be limited to those who are very interested in the period of the Church Fathers after the 2d century AD and have a good knowledge of Greek.

• Like 1

I have it in "the other guys," but if Accordance could produce a reasonably priced one I would likely take it as I have migrated to Accordance all that I can.

Thanks!