Understanding NTG Highlight File Bug

Robb B

When the highlights for Understanding NT Greek are displayed, many of them are missing in the text. I have attached two screenshots. You can see, for example, that the accusative noun highlights do not display. The same is true for genitive noun highlights. It seems to be related to the highlights that are a box around the word, but I have not done extensive investigation into what is missing and where. I am on an M1 iMac running Sonoma with the latest version of Accordance.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 16.12.29.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 16.12.24.png

Hmm... that looks to be an old version of the highlight file. I'm not sure what the NounDative and NounAccusative would be doing.

Attached is the updated highlighting file. Be sure to place it in you Accordance Files / Highlights folder, and it should show up when you toggle on highlights.

UnderstandingNTG2.hlt

Thanks! It looks like the categories have changed a bit from v. 1 to v. 2. I'm interested to take a look and see what's new. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'm going to piggyback on this topic rather than start a new entry. I went to use Understand the GNT and received the message seen in the attached screenshot. I  am not quite sure how to reinstall this module. The Accordanxcw Store tells me I already own this product. How do I reinstall something I already own? I've never had to deal with this before. Should be pretty simple. I could not find the answer in the Help files.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 9.26.25 PM.png

Probably delete the file there and re-download the file and place it under Accordance Files>Highlights.

• Like 1

Nathan, I'm including a screenshot of the two modules that showed up in my library. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the setup here.  The top module, as pictured, opens up Hoffman's Understanding NT Greek. But the bottom module gives me the message as seen in my earlier post.  

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 3.59.06 PM.png

Hi @Louis Lapides. Take a look at the following post (and its surrounding thread, if necessary) to see if that helps you:

• Like 1

Delete the bottom module, then read @Steven S's thread.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, these suggestions addressed the issue. The module is working well now. Thanks as always. 

• Like 1