Holmstedt’s “Biblical Hebrew Syntax: A Linguistic Introduction”

Michel Gilbert

Dr. Holmstedt’s upcoming Biblical Hebrew Syntax: A Linguistic Introduction is an obvious must for Accordance.

Amazon says it’s coming out on April 15

but Baker now says Aug. 27

Please start the negotiations now. And please ask them to offer the rest of the series in Accordance.

(See also “A Hebrew grammar bundle: Cook & Holmstedt, Holmstedt, and Long”.)

Thanks,

Michel

• Like 1

Yes, Yes to the above!!

—Joseph

I used his grammar in seminary. Any of his works would be great to have in Accordance!

Hi, @Robert Holmstedt,

I don’t know if you saw the above post. I’m wondering if I’m correct in thinking that your Biblical Hebrew Syntax: A Linguistic Introduction would be an invaluable parallel resource for your database.

I think it's a shame that your database is in Accordance and your books are in Logos. It would be so much better to have them in Accordance to work in parallel with the database.

Thanks for your work. I consult it all the time.

Michel

Edited by Michel Gilbert
spelling

• 2 months later...

Was looking at buying this in competition today, but would prefer Accordance. Any update on the possibility?

Is the book even published yet? Baker's website says it is coming out May 2025.

A.D.

Since we don't do pre-pubs, it'll have to be published before we'll release it to the store.

7 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Since we don't do pre-pubs, it'll have to be published before we'll release it to the store.

Does that mean Accordance will carry it, then (at a date soon after publication)? Or are you just stating a general rule?

8 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

Does that mean Accordance will carry it, then (at a date soon after publication)? Or are you just stating a general rule?

General rule. We don't have a pre-pub system in place at the moment, so the publisher would need to send us the e-files, and we'd build it and release it in one of our weekly sales when we'd make an official announcement (although if I hear it's in-progress, I can update here).