https://accordancefiles2.com is down?

A. Smith

Can't access the help file, it seems https://accordancefiles2.com is down. 

Is there an offline version of the help file.  

I am seeing the same issue

4 hours ago, A. Smith said:

Is there an offline version of the help file.  

No.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

No.

of course I mean downloadable version, but I'm sure you know that. 

• Like 1

There is an issue with the accordancefiles.com (1 & 2) sites. Our team is working to correct this ASAP.

• Like 2

Looks like software updates are also hosted on the accordancefiles domains.

image.png.d9bb9c3a3954f7a7fe950855ff9146bf.png

FWIW: Just now I was able to access the help files, and run both app update and content update checks.

Was able to just now download the beta files to install on one of my machines, which had been unavailable for a few hours.

Our servers are back online.

We are discussing making a downloadable version of Help. Trying to decide if we want to do it identical to how it'd work online but be offline, or if we offer it as a PDF or an Accordance Tool.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

No.

It's a pity. It used to come as part of the app...

• Like 1

We definitely need to bring them back for customers with sketchy Internet access. It would be interesting to know what you all would prefer (offline works the same as online like it used to, or PDF, or Accordance Tool).

• Like 1

Aren't the help files installed with the software? I have them. Were they not included in v. 14? If you're on Windows, put this in your browser:

C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/OakTree/Accordance/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm

• Like 1

I believe it was changed in one version of the software.

3 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We definitely need to bring them back for customers with sketchy Internet access

Yes please bring it back! You can make it optional to save space for users who prefer to use the internet files. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We definitely need to bring them back for customers with sketchy Internet access. It would be interesting to know what you all would prefer (offline works the same as online like it used to, or PDF, or Accordance Tool).

Yes. Idk how things are in the states these days, maybe access is a given. But where I am, definitely not. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Our servers are back online.

We are discussing making a downloadable version of Help. Trying to decide if we want to do it identical to how it'd work online but be offline, or if we offer it as a PDF or an Accordance Tool.

If that's what's holding up the downloadable version, just pick the easiest to produce.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lawrence said:

If that's what's holding up the downloadable version, just pick the easiest to produce.

Thanks. I'm asking our teams what would be the easiest to produce.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A. Smith said:

Yes. Idk how things are in the states these days, maybe access is a given. But where I am, definitely not. 

I live in a decently-large city, and my Internet is still funky. Plus I'm going to be doing more traveling to areas with spotty Internet and cell coverage (to the point where I'll have to pipe in weather data over satellite), so I feel for you on needing offline help.

23 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

My opinion is that help should be offline and downloaded with the program. I doubt the help is changing faster than program releases are happening, so I don't see any advantage to online-only help. A PDF or Accordance Tool would not offer all the functionality of the current help interface. 

• Like 3

Thanks!