terrible search results, not flagging owned items, lost sales

why do I search for <greek tagged> ore <tagged greek> and get absolutely zero tagged texts? The Perseus collection is the only greek text on the first page of the search, and it's not even tagged! This is just one example. But it's happened more than once I've been ready to spend money, but can't find what I'm looking for even by typing the book name, and so I've moved on. Also, the website does not accurately show what I already own, as seen in the screenshot. There is also no way to filter out of a search what I already own. These things all combine to make it quite difficult for someone who already has a substantial library to do any shopping on the website. 

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 07.56.44.png

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 07.57.53.png

• Like 5

By the way, I own nearly everything on that search page, but there is no indication of that whatsoever. 

I agree. I've purchased multiple titles twice because I was lured into a false sense of security that the red "you own this product" gives when it always show up.

I will say this, Accordance is incredibly gracious refunding those titles because of my ignorance. I know I've caused them a lot of extra work.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info. There are some store bugs we're looking to address. I'll send these to our web deveopers.

I looked into this further. Our website typically detects items purchased individually, but not when they are included in add on bundles or collections. We offer accessory modules that don’t have a price attached (Bible notes, etc.). Because of this, it doesn’t detect all items in the bundle as owned.

In this instance, you own all priced items (highlighted in blue), which means that you also own the bundle contents.

We highly recommend that our customers search their Library Window, if they are unsure if they own a particular item before purchasing.

Another clue for customers is if the item does not appear again in Easy Install after purchasing, this means that they already own it. We refund all duplicate purchases without any hassle.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We highly recommend that our customers search their Library Window, if they are unsure if they own a particular item before purchasing.

For those who don't have all of their modules downloaded locally, searching the Library may not be entirely reliable. What I've been doing lately when I'm not sure if I'm about to make a duplicate purchase is to open Easy Install, select Show Installed Items in the gear dropdown (so that both installed and uninstalled modules are displayed), and then search for the module in question. This seems to work regardless of how the module was purchased (e.g., as a standalone product or as part of a collection).

• Like 1

Good feedback. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2024 at 11:46 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I looked into this further. Our website typically detects items purchased individually, but not when they are included in add on bundles or collections. We offer accessory modules that don’t have a price attached (Bible notes, etc.). Because of this, it doesn’t detect all items in the bundle as owned.

In this instance, you own all priced items (highlighted in blue), which means that you also own the bundle contents.

Another clue for customers is if the item does not appear again in Easy Install after purchasing, this means that they already own it. We refund all duplicate purchases without any hassle.

There are always workarounds. But they are exactly that. Ways to work around a feature that is not functioning as it should. I hate to be this direct, but when I search the logos website, I see exactly what I'm searching for on the first page, even if not the first result. And everything I own, literally everything, is marked and I can exclude it from my searches. It's fairly apple-like actually; it just works. I love accordance and this sort of ease of use would make such a difference for customers. 

• Like 7

On 1/16/2024 at 4:46 AM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

That's an activity that's easy for computers and troublesome for people. It would make more sense to fix the interface.

• Like 4

We have someone looking into the search engine issues. If I hear any new announcements, I'll update here.