Shortcut to select texts

Fred Argilan

Control-Shift + 1-10 select texts 1-10 in the order they are arranged in the library. I searched through the help file but didn't find any instructions.

Is there a way to change this behavior? For example, I am left-handed and there is no control key on the right side of the Mac keyboard. I prefer Option-Shift rather than Control-Shift.

Also, I like keeping the texts in alphabetical order but it is necessary to put them in a different order to be able to select them if they are not one of the first 10. Is it possible to assign the shortcut to a different text without changing the order?

• Like 1

Why can't we get a shortcut like that to cycle thru the bookmarks we've set up? 

Have you tried looking in Settings (Preferences)>Keyboard Shortcuts?

I'm almost certain that the cycling between text shortcuts (ctrl-1 etc) is hardwired. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

I think they are pre-determined by the order of the texts in the library so the only control is by rearranging the order. That's the problem. 

2 hours ago, Fred Argilan said:

I think they are pre-determined by the order of the texts in the library so the only control is by rearranging the order. That's the problem. 

Yes, that’s absolutely true. But I was answering the aspect of your question about being left handed. I don’t think there’s currently a way of amending that behaviour. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Ken. You're correct about the shortcut. It would be nice for me to be able to select a different shortcut key. However, the bigger problem for me is rearranging the text's order.

Hi Fred, sorry. As you quite rightly point out, the library order is the text order. Im not an alphabetiser myself, so I don't mind. But what I do do, is alphabetise and then drag my top 10 texts up to the top and leave the rest in alphabetic (well, I have subfolders etc as well,)

Edited by Ken Simpson