Super Cold Temperatures Next Week in Arkansas

Dr. Nathan Parker

Arkansas is expected to have super-cold temperatures next week (single digit lows in Fahrenheit).

I plan to continue working as much as possible as long as I have power and Internet.

Should I lose power or Internet for an extended period of time that would impact my work, I will notify management, and other colleagues will continue monitoring the forums until I can check back in.

Praying that the cold temperatures aren't too severe. I'm well stocked on food with a wood heater, so no matter what, I'll make it through it!

• Like 6

I will be praying for you, it seems like they are expecting power outages all over with these storms moving in.

• Like 2

Will be praying for you, Dr. Parker. Extremely cold temperatures are never fun.

• Like 1

Power outages are happening in some areas. Since I've found out our power grid here isn't the most reliable, I am concerned. Thanks for your prayers. I'm praying as well.

• Like 4

NWS is forecasting over 6" snow here, and Baron's forecast model (really accurate here) is forecasting snow with wintry mix afterward.

We're likely going to lose power and Internet.

Some forecasts are showing negative F lows, most are just showing low single digit F lows. Hoping we don't get into negative temps.

• Like 2

Hi Nathan,

You certainly live in a different climate from where I live. We are hitting -40 here. (at that point C and F are the same)

Hopefully your grid and internet survives without too long of an outage.

• Like 1

Wow! I just thought I was cold. 

We had a brief Internet outage tonight. Not a promising sign.

• Like 2

And we had a little power flicker. Not a promising sign...

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 12:47 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

And we had a little power flicker. Not a promising sign...

You are in my prayers! 

Still praying, Dr. Parker...hang in there...there are sunnier days ahead.

Edited by Johannian

Thanks! So far power and Internet is holding. We're snowed in and not going anywhere (and it's super cold), but I can at least get work done.

As long as I have power and Internet, here are my current conditons:

https://owc.enterprise.earthnetworks.com/OnlineWeatherCenter.aspx?aid=6521

https://tempestwx.com/station/111318/

So far power and Internet has held, and we're through the worst of it.

We've had an occasional power surge or drop in Internet speeds or temporary glitch, but so far so good!

I feel with you. I live on the Golan Hights, Israel and we have winter here, ice-cold temperatures. Maximal daytime 14 Degrees. Seems israel is winter managing much better, no such thing as power outages here. 

But a lot of rain, the Kinneret is filling up again for summer.

Been super cold here in Interior Alaska.  Currently -32.  image.png.b439a80f43d725152e5ef308b3992881.png

Thanks for sharing your weather reports! Seems it can get colder than what I experience. 🙂

We should be through the rough winter patch for a bit, and thank the Lord power and Internet held.

Although in March, severe weather season ramps up...

• Like 2

It is awful - we don't get anything like this in England though we do get ever increasing numbers of storms and flooding... watching climate change happen around you is terrifying. I don't have children but I truly fear for those who do exactly what sort of world we will have in 40 years

To all of you in N America take care in the freezing cold

• Like 1

Thankful to hear you got through it with no trouble, Nathan.