Verse Lists

mwooten777

Hello! I use verse lists in Accordance when I prepare my Sunday School lessons. I have two questions I'm hoping someone can help with:

1 - Since I copy and paste these verse lists into Word, is there a way to set the verse references to be full references? James 5:16 versus Ja 5:16?

2 - Sometimes I don't even get Ja 5:16? I get Ja or Jas or James but no reference numbers? Any ideas why this happens sometimes (and it's usually for just one or two verses in a long list, not all of them)?

Thanks!

Mark

How do you copy and paste?

also, you may need to check your display settings to make sure you have the full name displayed. 

Also look at whether you have the text set for paragraph or each verse as that may be why you dont get it for every verse. 

Go into setting and have a play with the display but also experiment with copy and paste until you get your desired result. 

if you select the text you want and copy you will get this

i find there are lots of options. You may want to explore this thread as well

Warning to Rich Oppressors

James 5:1   Come now, you rich people, weep and wail for the miseries that are coming to you. 2 Your riches have rotted, and your clothes are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver have rusted, and their rust will be evidence against you, and it will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasurea for the last days. 4 Listen! The wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. 5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned and murdered the righteous one, who does not resist you.

8C54430B-BA9F-4263-8BE3-D22291B4CB64.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

to get complete book names, go to Display settings (command-T) pick the advanced tab, and  unclick abbreviate book name

copying to Word will then include the entire book name

14 hours ago, mwooten777 said:

Hello! I use verse lists in Accordance when I prepare my Sunday School lessons. I have two questions I'm hoping someone can help with:

1 - Since I copy and paste these verse lists into Word, is there a way to set the verse references to be full references? James 5:16 versus Ja 5:16?

2 - Sometimes I don't even get Ja 5:16? I get Ja or Jas or James but no reference numbers? Any ideas why this happens sometimes (and it's usually for just one or two verses in a long list, not all of them)?

Thanks!

Mark

Can you show us an example of this? Sounds like an "undocumented feature" to me 🙂 

However, if you copy verses you usually only get the book name when you start a new paragraph (if you display by paragraphs). Ja and Jas in the same copy and paste don't make any sense really. So to see it would be good.

4 hours ago, Ken Simpson said:

Can you show us an example of this? Sounds like an "undocumented feature" to me 🙂 

I wonder if what is meant is the "reference List" tab. = ( File---> New   Tab--->Reference   list)

or if what is meant is the "cross-references" which can be found in either the info pane or by going to ( File---> New   Tab--->cross-references)

1 hour ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

I wonder if what is meant is the "reference List" tab. = ( File---> New   Tab--->Reference   list)

or if what is meant is the "cross-references" which can be found in either the info pane or by going to ( File---> New   Tab--->cross-references)

Yep. Could be. Which is why it would be good to see. 

Thanks everyone for your replies - God bless you!

I found the setting to not abbreviate the Bible book names - problem solved.

Next time I see what I think is a display error I'll provide a screenshot.

Thanks!
Mark

9 hours ago, mwooten777 said:

Thanks everyone for your replies - God bless you!

I found the setting to not abbreviate the Bible book names - problem solved.

Next time I see what I think is a display error I'll provide a screenshot.

Thanks!
Mark

Thanks! Screenshots make it SOO much easier to see what's going on!

Glad you found what you needed to.

Good morning! Here's a screenshot of just getting a book name with no chapter or verse numbers (Deuteronomy), in the far left list, ESV).

Also, is there a way that, when I specify something like Mark 7:9-13, the header in the verse list reflects Mark 7:9-13, not just Mark 7:9?

ScreenshotbyDropboxCapture.thumb.png.c5d26f58ffa7e37394bf94a0339a9523.png

Thank you for your help!

Mark

16 hours ago, mwooten777 said:

Good morning! Here's a screenshot of just getting a book name with no chapter or verse numbers (Deuteronomy), in the far left list, ESV).

Also, is there a way that, when I specify something like Mark 7:9-13, the header in the verse list reflects Mark 7:9-13, not just Mark 7:9?

ScreenshotbyDropboxCapture.thumb.png.c5d26f58ffa7e37394bf94a0339a9523.png

Thank you for your help!

Mark

Hi Mark, could you possibly cut and past your search line here please?

And, press CMD-T and screenshot the Text display settings please.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:00 PM, Ken Simpson said:

Yep. Could be. Which is why it would be good to see. 

Oh, maybe Accordance kind of has a rudimentary verse list feature! The display options allow us to display search results as verse references and then to copy and paste the list of references to other documents to be compared or used in whatever way we want. 

9 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

Oh, maybe Accordance kind of has a rudimentary verse list feature! The display options allow us to display search results as verse references and then to copy and paste the list of references to other documents to be compared or used in whatever way we want. 

Simpler than that. Do your search, then "copy as references". Magic. (it's in the "copy as" menu)

• Like 1