Stage Manager and Accordance

Dr. Nathan Parker

On certain high-end iPads, such as the iPad Pro, you can launch Stage Manager. This allows you to have multiple "windows" on your screen, similar to a Mac. It also works with external monitors.

Stage Manager has been around for a year, iPadOS 17 "supercharged" Stage Manager's usability.

Are any Accordance users on iPadOS 17 using Stage Manager with Accordance side by side with a word processor like Microsoft Word or Mellel? How about another app such as a web browser? Any students or pastors using the iPad Pro with Accordance and other apps side by side?

I am. It works pretty good.

Do you have any screenshots or videos of it you could share?

I have Accordance, ProPresenter and PreSonus Universal Control (our sound board) all running in Stage Manager while I'm preaching. Stage Manager on a recent iPad pro is great for this kind of application.

I use it side by side with pages, kindle, logos, word, and a few other apps. What I'd really love to do is use it side by side with another instance of accordance and view multiple documents! 

• Like 1

That would be fun.

The iOS app Pages is a core part of my Greek (and Latin) learning, so I also use Accordance side-by-side with Pages. It’s extremely useful to be able to put Accordance side-by-side with other apps on mobile. Pretty much every app I have downloaded on my iPad can work with Accordance in Stage Manager. Except for my astronomy database app, but that’s fine since there’s obviously no need to have Accordance and an astronomy app side-by-side.

And not a single problem so far, which has been awesome.

Thanks for the info!