Transferring Verses to a User Tool or Word Document

TyreeWD3

Quick question: Is there an easy way to transfer the listed verses from a search to Word document or User Tool?

This worked for me:

1. Run a search

2. Select all of the verses

3. Go to File>Save Text Selection>RTF (you could also use Plain Text).

The RTF file can be easily imported into Word (or any word processor). The Plain Text can be imported into a User Tool. I need to see if RTF can be imported into a User Tool.

From the help files:

"You can import four types of files: PDF, plain ASCII text, HTML formatted, and Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG - non-unicode)."

https://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/14-macOS/index.htm#t=mac_14%2Fcontent%2Ftopics%2F05_dd%2Fimporting_to_user_tool.htm&rhsearch=user tool import&rhhlterm=user tool tools import importing

Edited by Ken Simpson

Found it. Thanks!

11 hours ago, TyreeWD3 said:

Quick question: Is there an easy way to transfer the listed verses from a search to Word document or User Tool?

Have you tried just copy and paste into Word? Works for me. Needs a little format tweaking but usually very usable. 

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ken Simpson said:

Have you tried just copy and paste into Word? Works for me. Needs a little format tweaking but usually very usable. 

I use this or copy as and then select no superscript to strip out the references. Its also useful to manually select text rather than select the verse and copy that way. By using old school select text, you get headings and verse numbers as displayed. 

lots of options, so can vary them depending on what you are trying to do at the moment. 

27 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

I use this or copy as and then select no superscript to strip out the references. Its also useful to manually select text rather than select the verse and copy that way. By using old school select text, you get headings and verse numbers as displayed. 

lots of options, so can vary them depending on what you are trying to do at the moment. 

That’s true Fraser. I usually don’t strip out the superscripts for what I do, but yes, most people would want to. I get it 🙂

The one I really love is when you have a whole bunch of verses from a search, and you can select all, then copy as references. Magic!

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I didn't know if there was a Word macro out there or a "right click" function I was missing out on.

@Joe Weaks might have some insights on automation. He's excellent at this kind of stuff.

can you use option-command a to  insert verses into Word - I'm not sure if this is built into Accordance or a feature from the Accordance Exchange

7 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

@Joe Weaks might have some insights on automation. He's excellent at this kind of stuff.

You can for sure automate a workflow in this area. Especially when using Word because a pro-scripted can do crazy things with VBA. 

6 hours ago, mbcvida said:

can you use option-command a to  insert verses into Word - I'm not sure if this is built into Accordance or a feature from the Accordance Exchange

It's built into accordance. But you can only insert from references that you highlight, or type. It can't include any text in the dialog box