App Switching on iOS with Ipad

David Rodriguez

I have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro 3rd Gen. running iPad OS 17.1.2 and Accordance v 3.4.2 build 3.4.1.03. Whenever I switch between apps, as I tend to do when studying, [between safari, accordance, and word] my place in accordance shifts to another location. So if I was studying Hebrews 1 and I switch to safari, when I go back to Accordance I’ll be in 1 Pet. 4 or something else. Has anyone else experienced this? It’s frustrating to have to click to get back to the location I was on while studying each time as I’m frequently switching between these apps. 

I switch between accordance and ios notes, email and web browser frequently and the only thing i have noticed is that it sometimes drifts up but always in the same book. This has been an issue in the past. But im on 15.7 as im a late ios adopter having lost paid for apps when ive updated in the past. 
but on the same build as you. Version 3.4.2 Build 3.4.1.03 September 2023 on a gen 1 ipad pro 9.7"

so others on a later ios may comment but my 12 mini phone is on 16.3.1 and that is stable as well but i think its time to back them up and upgrade the ios. 

have you tried removing last saved session under the ios settings menu?

Sledge hammer is shutting everything down and fully powering down the ipad and then switching it on again.

EDB65C53-AC98-4D61-B45F-7C1DA2C7EF29.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ukfraser thanks for this suggestion, I will try this out today with my iPad and my iPhone and see if it makes any difference. Apologies for the delay as I don't actively monitor this forum and didn't get a notification with your response. I'll provide an update in the future after working with this setting to see if it helps. Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks David. Dont worry about delay. Everyone has other things to do. This forum is quite friendly and you will usually get responses within a day.