Journals please

Leopold Green

can we have these journals in Accordance please - all available online at https://guides.library.yale.edu/bible/journals there are many others here for those of more of a New Testament orientation

Make Accordance stand out at THE academic tool for study

image.thumb.png.ba3d07e3e09fce75987a22030530d4ae.png

• Like 3

We'll look into it. A couple of issues we run into with journals at times are 1. Publishers tend to be restrictive on what we can and cannot get from them, but we can at least make an effort to try and 2. Sometimes we have issues getting "clean" e-texts of journals to bring into Accordance that require months of manual work to the files before we can produce the actual Accordance modules (that's why we're still backlogged on some of our current journals). 

However, journals are the main thing academics and scholars need for serious research, so I'm always open to exploring ways we can get more journals into Accordance. Journals would be the #1 product category I'd use on a regular basis in Accordance. 

Keep suggesting journal titles, and if you can find publishers we can reach out to and places where we can find high-quality e-texts, all the better.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 3:16 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We'll look into it. A couple of issues we run into with journals at times are 1. Publishers tend to be restrictive on what we can and cannot get from them, but we can at least make an effort to try and 2. Sometimes we have issues getting "clean" e-texts of journals to bring into Accordance that require months of manual work to the files before we can produce the actual Accordance modules (that's why we're still backlogged on some of our current journals). 

However, journals are the main thing academics and scholars need for serious research, so I'm always open to exploring ways we can get more journals into Accordance. Journals would be the #1 product category I'd use on a regular basis in Accordance. 

Keep suggesting journal titles, and if you can find publishers we can reach out to and places where we can find high-quality e-texts, all the better.

YES! I would love to see the JOURNAL SET updated beyond 2012 or 2013!

• Like 1