Accordance User Poll: 2024 Sales

Dr. Nathan Parker

As we look forward to planning sales for 2024, what are some of the top items you haven't purchased that you would purchase in 2024 provided they were on sale?

Thanks!

I love EDT. That'd make for a fun sale.

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

ANET :)

I believe this was not aimed at what resources we want to see produced this year, that is a different topic. He is talking about the resources that have been produced & what we would want to buy if it was discounted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReformedDoc said:

I believe this was not aimed at what resources we want to see produced this year, that is a different topic. He is talking about the resources that have been produced & what we would want to buy if it was discounted.

Hi @ReformedDoc,

I am sure you are correct. I would nonetheless buy it if was on sale though, so it seemed worth mentioning since it was true.

• Like 2

Dictionary of the New Testament Use of the Old Testament 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis (if the upgrade from the original set was also on sale)

Orthodox Study Bible

Dead Sea Scrolls Greek Bible

Dead Sea Scrolls Biblical Manuscripts

NT Apocryphal Acs Collection

Apocryphal Apocalypses

Apocryphal Gospels

A Scripture Index to Rabbinic Literature

There are other, more expensive items on my wish lists, but even on sale I'm not sure my budget would allow me to purchase them this year. 

• Like 1

1a. Scrivener's Textus Receptus from TBS

1b. Better yet: Scirvener's TR with his annotations (showing differences between printed TR editions). I do not know of any digital editions of this (PDFs are available and some print copies). I don't think there is much hope for this edition in Accordance, but you asked :)

2 The Hebrew (Ginsberg) text published by TBS

i have virtually all i need from your current store so am waiting for new resources to be added that have been requested, particularly JAA but also dictionary of nt use of ot, ot use of ot, and new volumes of wbc and jps commentaries.

There are a couple of resources you currently have but i am struggling to justify them at the moment, early doctrine and commentators bible commentary.

there is also the set of five nt wright volumes but every time they go on sale, they don't take account of the volumes I already own so I dont bother as I already have some in dead tree and cant justify not getting a reduction for volumes that i already own in Accordance. customer service havent been able to help as its a condition of the publisher.

Edited by ukfraser

3 hours ago, Ben Gladd said:

Dictionary of the New Testament Use of the Old Testament 😆

I looked this up and can't find it. Is this offered? I see it on Amazon. Seems like I'd pay full price for it.

3 minutes ago, josephbradford said:

I looked this up and can't find it. Is this offered? I see it on Amazon. Seems like I'd pay full price for it.

Its one of those volumes that has been frequently requested and many would love to see so that the author gets lots of royalties!

I'm disappointed that I missed the John Phillips exploring series sale. I'm waiting for that that commentary to go on sale again. I'd also like to see the NIGT go on sale at some point. 

A great way to make sales would be to update your Reformed Expository Commentaries, Tyndale Commentaries, etc. with the new volumes available.

2 hours ago, ukfraser said:

There are a couple of resources you currently have but i am struggling to justify them at the moment, early doctrine and commentators bible commentary.

The Commentators is absolutely brilliant - I have it in Accordance but honestly this is the rare exception when printed is the way to go - Michael Carasik uses the traditional Rabbinic page layout which you can't replicate (even) in Accordance... sorry it is an old photo and has dire colour cast but it is easier to show... I have learnt so much from these 5 volumes.... incidentally he has another book The Bible's Many Voices as Accordance modules and several great podcasts all linked from his website https://mcarasik.wordpress.com

I think he might be retired now - anyway he is a genius

CA6195A2-F0A5-4A98-91A9-BF5545074B23_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.e62a5e1ad0c9a256350f278d82139163.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Leopold Green said:

The Commentators is absolutely brilliant - I have it in Accordance but honestly this is the rare exception when printed is the way to go .. incidentally he has another book The Bible's Many Voices as Accordance modules.

I think he might be retired now - anyway he is a genius

Interesting, thanks. I need to seriously think on this as i prefer reading on the ipad as can adjust font size but what you say is seriously tempting so thanks for that. 

on podcasts, i heard him talk about the commentators and really wish he would write a book about the commentators biographies as the podcast was fascinating. But i dont think he will unless he has a change of heart despite having done the background research.

i have the bibles many voices in accordance but also have a hard copy of 'how to reach the jewish bible' by brettler, co editor of the jsb  and jant which covers the topic from a different direction.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! Some of these items are indeed module requests, but at least we know what new content to focus on in 2024. :-) 

We are getting the licensing finalized for new Tyndale commentaries, and we are also working on updating some other commentaries as well.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Aaron Grigsby said:

I'm disappointed that I missed the John Phillips exploring series sale. I'm waiting for that that commentary to go on sale again. I'd also like to see the NIGT go on sale at some point. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/product/john-phillips-ot-and-nt-exploring-commentaries-27-volumes/

https://www.accordancebible.com/product/new-int-greek-testament-commentary-13-volumes/

• 1 month later...