Possible to save a search scope for each tab in a workspace?

revBrianW

I've been using Accordance for years but just barely getting started trying to customize anything, so apologies if I'm missing something already covered in the help or forum, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in my Googling.

I've created a workspace that I set as the default to open when I start Accordance. There are two tabs - one for OT and one for NT. Each tab has an English translation and my preferred Greek / Hebrew translation, lexicon, etc.

My question: Is it possible to create a specific search scope for each tab, so that when I do a word or flex search within the NT tab, for example, I can default to showing only search results in the NT? (And to do the same for the OT tab limiting search results to the OT?)

Thanks for any help or guidance!

@revBrianW

I do something similar sometimes. When working on a specific book (e.g. John), it's convenient to keep a tab open with [Range John] in the search box, then just change the words to whatever I'm trying to find.

E.g.: "λόγος [Range John]", then just overwrite λόγος with πίστος if I wanted to search for that lexeme. The [Range John] part is retained.

You can do broader ranges: [Range Genesis-Malachi] for OT and [Range Matthew-Revelation] for NT.

If you are examining books that are not contiguous, you can put them into the Range command, separated by commas: e.g. [Range Genesis, Judges, Malachi].

Keep one tab with [Range Genesis-Malachi] and another with [Range Matthew-Revelation] in the search box, then just edit the rest of the search each time.

• Like 1

Thank you, Lawrence! That's a great idea for handling my scenario!

• Like 1

There's a couple of different options:

1. The RANGE Command as @Lawrence mentioned.

2. The ability to add custom search ranges to the "Scope" in Accordance.

Let us know if you need more info on any of them, but I think Lawrence covered the RANGE command well.

• Like 1

You can’t customise a search range in the search bar dropdown on a tab by tab or workspace by workspace basis. It’s a common file picked up by all new workspaces.