Live Click

blgriffin83

In the video below at around 1:03 mark, the person clicks on a verse and a window opens up. When I click a word it opens a new window but when I click the actual book and verse number like she does, nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

36 minutes ago, blgriffin83 said:

In the video below at around 1:03 mark, the person clicks on a verse and a window opens up. When I click a word it opens a new window but when I click the actual book and verse number like she does, nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

Check your Live Click settings and make sure that Verse Lookup is checked and Text Browser tab is checked. Its not necessary to have the Use custom group checked as mine is.  Hopefully this helps.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 093937.png

As @Misulejoha suggested (you beat me to it), I found changing to Text Browser enabled the same display as in the video. Also as side note in case you don't know you can change the order of the zone by setting preferred display order in the group name.

I really hadn't used this feature much in Accordance but did in Bibleworks. Very helpful when comparing versions and their translation word usage.

• Like 1

My apologies,

When I posted above I did not watch the video.  After now watching the video, it seems to me that the instructor basically said the same thing I posted above.

• Like 1

@Misulejoha No apologies necessary.  I wasn't aware of the clicking on verse in Accordance so was happy to see results when doing so. When I first clicked on a verse I didn't get the same results and then saw the browser setting to fix that. I don't know if it's checked by default or I made a change a long time ago.

This little change is very good for me.  I have workspaces to compare various Bible versions and this will help me not having to open those workspaces as I'm reading or studying.

• Like 1

For some reason the Lexicon lookup and Word Usage are working but not the Verse Lookup. I've tried Text Browser tab, Research tab and Use custom group but nothing is working 

Here's my settings that work on v14.0.8 on MacBook my group is simply called "Bibles".  How does yours compare?

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 9.47.42 AM.png

Edited by Larry Wing
  • Like 1

Just to confirm, I'm supposed to click on the actual book/chapter/verse part right?

Screenshot 2023-12-29 134723.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blgriffin83 said:

For some reason the Lexicon lookup and Word Usage are working but not the Verse Lookup. I've tried Text Browser tab, Research tab and Use custom group but nothing is working 

I know you said tried Text Browser tab, but your current settings show you have Research tab checked.  Try reclicking the Text Browser tab and then go to your text and click on the actual Chapter/verse.  This should bring up your Verse Lookup window with all your bibles in your library.

6 minutes ago, blgriffin83 said:

Just to confirm, I'm supposed to click on the actual book/chapter/verse part right?

Screenshot 2023-12-29 134723.png

Correct

Ok it's fixed now. I installed the latest update and it's fixed. Thank you all for your time!

• Like 1