Parts of Speech Not Showing up

LuAnn Thatcher

Good afternoon,

I am having difficulty understanding how to display parts of speech as I use Accordance on my iMac. I have version 14 installed. I am able to display it for some chapters but not others and I do not know why that is.

I do not know what the screen areas are called so I attached 2 screen shots. The first one is from Ezekiel 23:27 and this one is not giving me the info I would like (parts of speech), the second screen shot is from Matthew 2:1 and I am able to see Key #, Lex. Translit., and Parts of Speech everything I need. I checked with Sales department and he could not help me but verified I had the correct software to provide the info and referred me to this forum. I have HMT Demo and SCB(2017) with Strong's installed.

I am able to see parts of speech for Genesis (Old Testament) if this helps.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

LuAnn

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 3.30.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 3.39.09 PM.png

Edited by LuAnn Thatcher

I can see the part of speech in my set up.  But, I am wondering, do you have a grammatically tagged Hebrew text?  I am thinking that may be required for that part of the interlinear to work.  I haven't been able to clearly find documentation that verifies that idea.  But if you don't have a tagged Hebrew text, that would be one difference between your set up and mine.

If I'm barking up the right tree, that either means that you do have a grammatically tagged Greek text, or that the GNT-tagged demo (which is--or at least was--included in several packages) covers Matthew 2.  The corresponding Hebrew demo text does not cover Ezekiel.  

Thanks for the reply, Lorinda.

Can you tell me which Hebrew tagged text software you use? I am really new to using bible study software so I apologize for not noting the correct application name. I probably will have to purchase an additional piece of software.

Thanks for the help,

LuAnn

Mine is working on Windows 11

Screenshot2023-12-26235014.thumb.png.6c31bb3949d305b00b99e4167c796bca.pngimage.thumb.png.c2231e3dfb44b04082456f328a255b71.png

BIBLIA HEBRAICA STUTTGARTENSIA TAGGED

Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS-T)

HEBREW BIBLE (BHS) TAGGED

BHS with Westminster Hebrew Bible Morphology (BHS-W4)

HEBREW BIBLE (BIBLIA HEBRAICA) TAGGED

Hebrew Masoretic Text with Westminster Hebrew Morphology (HMT-W4)

Edited by ReformedDoc

Most people have the GNT-DEMO and HMT-DEMO so you will see that info

They have full parsing I for for Matthew 1-4 and Genesis 1-4. The texts displayed by @LuAnn Thatcher is Ezek 23:27 (so no extra info) and Matthew 2:1-2 (so extra info available).

To get the parsing information you need a Greek tagged text, and a Hebrew tagged text. HMT-W4 is our most up-to-date Hebrew tagged text, and GNT-28T is the tagged Greek text recommended. 

If you are not planning to get into text critical studies, then these two are more than adequate. 

Edited by Ken Simpson

I thought I would share how I resolved my problem of not seeing parts of speech in some New and Old Testament books. I did not have to purchase any new software. I have the GNT-T Greek and MT-ETCBC for Hebrew. I have to hoover my cursor over the text in Greek or Hebrew panes and not in the KJV Bible pane that I ultimately use since I do not speak those languages. Hovering over text in English sometimes gives an abbreviated definition with or without parts of speech in the Instant Detail pane. But, if I hover over the Greek or Hebrew text in either of those two apps, I see a more expanded definition.

How easy was that! 

LuAnn