Info pane ghost image

Donald Cobb

Hello Nathan and @Silas Marrs. Any chance of getting this bug fixed for the next update? By way of reminder, this problem was flagged here:

It's a stable, repeatable issue that effects, at the very least, the French UI, perhaps other foreign languages as well. A fix would be most appreciated!!

I'll ask. Thanks for reminding me!

1 hour ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I'll ask. Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks Nathan, I would really like to see this fixed!

14.0.9 is late in rhe game, so might be too late for 14.0.9, but we'll see. I've at least let our teams know you really want it fixed. :-)

Hi, 

I tried extensively to recreate this in the French interface and multiple tabs and additional tabs added. I spent 20 minutes trying to reproduce this on a Mac with Monterey and in Accordance 14.0.8 and the 14.0.9b5 beta. I could not reproduce it at all.  I know you said that you could reproduce it on multiple machines and multiple versions of Accordance. Are you sharing the same workspace on all of the computers?  I must be missing something. It is clear that it is happening in your video. I followed the steps but couldn't reproduce it. If someone can provide the exact steps to take that'll actually reproduce it, I will be able to report it. Maybe it was the operating systems on the computers that makes the difference. Please provide all of the information that you can and I will try this again. Thanks.

Silas: here are a series of steps that reliably reproduce the issue for me.  I'm working on a 13" Macbook (2017 model), running Ventura (13.6.1). I see this both in 14.0.8 and in 14.09b5

-Set the interface language to French: System Settings>General>Language and region; I used the "Applications" section at the bottom of the list in this section to set Accordance Aleph and Accordance for French, rather than setting my entire system to French.

-Open Accordance Aleph or Accordance

-Create a new workspace with a Biblical text in the tab; if the info pane (Volet d'infos) isn't open in the tab, open it

-Open a tool from the library, so you have two zones (I opened the Wisdom Commentary, but I just changed it to ZIBBCOT, and it still happens)

-hover your "mouse" over the line between the biblical text and the info pane, and then press and drag the line to the right, to narrow the info pane until the gear to the right of "Mon Assortiment d'outils" disappears.  This is the correct/expected behavior

-Now open a new tab in this same workspace, set to any Biblical text; if the info pane/volet d'infos is not open, add it.

-resize this info pane/volet d'infos the same way, and note that the gear next to "Mon assortiment d'outils" does not disappear, but slides into the next zone.  

-Now place the mouse/cursor at the lower right hand corner of the workspace, click and drag to resize the workspace to make is smaller; that same gear icon will cross the line between zones if you make the workspace small enough.  This does not happen in the first text/search tab that was opened.

• Like 1

I thought I was able to reproduce this on my machine last time it was posted. If I need to re-rest, I can.