Is there a Read Aloud feature in Accordance?

Kiyah

I like to have text read out loud to me because I need to reduce eye strain caused by staring at a screen. Is there a way that I can get Accordance to read text out loud for me?

Currently, the available voices for reading out the text are somewhat robotic. It would be awesome if Accordance allows Siri voices.

48 minutes ago, Steven S said:

Hi @Kiyah. Such a feature is available on macOS (see here), but I don't think it has yet been implemented in the Windows version.

Sigh. Once again Windows users are short-changed. Accordance for Windows should cost less than the Mac version since we always have fewer features.

Speech and Book icons on the toolbar are the two main features we need to add to Windows.

• Like 1

I don’t think this feature lets you read entire books.  It says to select a text and then do amplify speech to read just a selection.  I would like to see a real “Read out loud” where you can click a speaker 🔈 icon and it will read an entire book to you.  Especially on iPhone! Who wants to sit on a desktop and listen to a book?

Feel free to request that under "Feature Requests". 

I go back and forth with audiobook reading. Sometimes I use an iPhone or iPad. Sometimes I'll use a computer if I'm sitting there working. Beats listening to music. :-)

Yep 👍 When it’s audiobook time, I don’t do music for that day!