Automatically have lexicon highlight references to the same passage from which you looked up

timothylfox

I've gotten frustrated with how slow Logos is and how much space it takes up. I'm thinking about coming back to Accordance. But once thing I've liked about Logos is that you can set it (under visual filters) so that when you double-click a word in a Bible text, and then it looks it up in a lexicon (e.g., HALOT), it automatically highlights for you anywhere that the lexicon references the passage from which you started. I know you can have Accordance do this by adding a search by scripture reference once you've already started with the search by lexeme. But is there a way to set it so that it always runs these two searches at once when you double click an English word (and/or the Greek/Hebrew word) in the Bible text? It's annoying to have to manually add a second search term each time. Thanks, Tim

• Like 1

I have this happening on my workspace by checking the following. Preferences—> Amplify —> under other check: Include preference when amplifying from text to tool. Don't forget to click OK at the bottom right.

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 10.21.33 AM.png

• Like 1

@Solly has pointed @timothylfox to the right spot. The thing to note is that you TRIPLE CLICK to jump to a lexical entry. If the word is specifically referenced in a lexical entry, it will be highlighted in red. (Use the "Hit" arrows at the bottom of the pane to go to the spot. If the verse is not referenced, triple click will just bring up the lexical entry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has worked for me for a long time. I used it all the time in seminary. Absolutely love this feature!