second alternate text

klein

Can someone please give me answer on the following:

When referring from a commentary to a scripture, my primary text is the SV and the alternate text (command) is the NA28.
When I press a text reference to the LXX, the primary text is the LXX. Question: can I get the SV here as alternate text (under command)?

With kind regards, Jan

An Accordance user emailed me this:

He should press Command-T in the Tool and select the SV. 

Hi @klein,

I don't know if this would help or not, but I find the so-called "Text Browser" helpful for this. Just make sure your texts are lined up in the Library in the order you want them to appear.

Hi Nathan,

Command T brings up the tool display, but not the text. How do you change the alternate text in the settings?

I changed mine under Settings (Preferences)>Tool Display.

@Nathan 

Thanks for your answer. 

image.thumb.png.40e104291b580299a33a52b0f37d2c1f.png

As you can see, I have the SV as the 'main text' and the NA28 as the alternate text. But the moment I hover over a text from the LXX, I get the Greek LXX text. I would like to see the SV while pressing the command key. But I cannot set that option, or I have to select command T for every reference I want to check. I find that a bit cumbersome. Maybe it's just not possible (yet) and it's a question for the developers.

@Kristin Thank you very much for answering. 

I get what you mean. I have never used the text browser. It looks very interesting.

But when I open the text browser I see Gen 1. Do you know if it possible to go straight to the selected texts in the text browser ?

Hi @klein,

The text browser should follow whatever verse you are at. I use it so much that I set it as a shortcut (Preferences --> Keyboard Shortcuts --> Text Browser)

Then, if I click Lk 1:1, as a random example and hit my shortcut, the text browser pops up for Lk 1:1. If I keep scrolling, the text browser will scroll too. Then if I go up to my search and type another ref, like Ac 1 or whatever, the text browser updates to the new verse.

The text browser is also defaulted to "1" verse, but if you change it to 2, it will show some context, etc.

If it isn't updating, it sounds like the text browser isn't tied, did you open it on its own? I am actually not sure how to do that. I always just open it as a parallel to my open text. 

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

@klein I thought there was a way to pull off what you're wanting to do. Let me think about it. If anyone else knows, I hope they'll chime in!