Greek LXX Parallel Highlighiting English Version

Richard Conaway

Hello,

I'm on version 14.0.6

Are there any Greek LXX modules that highlighting the word also highlights the corresponding English text as it does in the Hebrew texts? Either the ESV or KJV.

I have the Greek modules LXX Ralfs Tagged, LXX Ralfs Tagged Parallels, Greek Bible LXX + GNT, and LXX Swete but none of them are highlighting both texts.

Thank you.

As noted here:

You need to open a Hebrew version to get something close. The Hebrew is linked to tagged English versions and to LXX. (But LXX is not linked to English.)

• Like 1

NOTE: I started working on this post before mgvh's reply was posted, so some of the info is repetitive, but I thought I'd still post, since they don't completely overlap.  The wider thread mgvh linked to has links to other related posts that fill in more detail.  

There are not for  at least two reasons

-The translations you site (and most other English translations) are translations of the Hebrew, not the Greek text (for the Old Testament).  Which means that the tagging of those texts (in the OT) are based on either Strong's or G/K Hebrew numbering

-The LXX texts use a lot of vocabulary not used at all the in the Greek NT, so there are no Strong's or G/K numbering systems.

There is, apparently, at least one project to create a numbering system for the LXX similar to Strong's: I'm not sure if it is completed or still in process.  But even if Accordance were to make use of it, I'm pretty confident that it could only be used for English translations of the Septuagint, like the NETS, Brenton, and the Orthodox Study BIble. 

• Like 2

Thank you. I continued experimenting and blindly added a hebrew text and it worked. I had no sure idea what had happened. You two cleared it up!

Also, make sure you update to 14.0.8.

• Like 1

Anytime!