Any Accordance Users Near Northern West Virginia?

Dr. Nathan Parker

It looks like my Israel trip in 2024 is likely going to be postponed due to the ongoing situation there. However, I may be spending a month in Northern West Virginia (close to the West Virginia/Ohio border) next Summer. If there's any Accordance users in the area where I could conduct an Accordance seminar or get any Accordance work done in the area, let me know. 

In the event I do end up there, I may be traveling in areas where cell coverage and Internet is spotty at times, so I may be responding to the forums in "batches" of time.

About three years ago I was living in Greene County, PA, the very southwestern corner of the state. Since I was about 2.5 miles from the WV border, I told people tongue-in-cheek that I was 2.5 miles from being a hill-billy. 🙂 As far as connection, the hollers are hit and miss but if you go on the ridges you can often get cell service. An economically depressed area, except for the natural gas production. Coal mines are going bust, and besides the nice timber, not a lot going on in the back forty. Oh, yeah, the deer hunting is great. Accordance users might be thin; churches are dying out fast.

Thanks!

I found a cabin up there with Wi-Fi, so it looks like I can at least check in with Accordance daily. :-)

It's beautiful country ... I hope you don't get a gas rig as the scenic view out the window of your cabin, though! Those poor hillbillies who were barely surviving 20 years ago with weedy pastures and acres of woods are doing well, now, with the gas leases. 10k/acre just for a 2-3 year drilling lease. Then if they don't drill before the contract runs out, they get another big check for a new contract. I have some friends whose grandpa started buying land in the 50s in Greene County. It was just cheap hill ground, and the one grandson thought grandpa was bonkers for buying "that worthless land." Now his grandsons inherited the 1400 acres and got $1 million/each two times now, and they still haven't drilled, so they may get more! Then when the wells go in, the royalty checks can be literally 10k+/day for large landowners. Some of those former poor ol' hillbillies now have a separate tractor for each piece of equipment that they own (mower, rake, baler, etc) plus a nice house, two new barns, three pickups and four quads! 🙂

Oh, yeah, and 9 hunting rifles, a couple of AR-15s, and 5,000 rounds of ammo to deal out "Greene County Justice" ...

Let me add that those mountain folks were some of the friendliest people I have lived among. (And I have traveled extensively in the US, 42 of 50 states, and lived in several of them). My friend down there can hardly get work done some days as the neighbors stop in for a 2-3 hour, front porch, rocking chair chat. (Maybe lack of cell service helps that??)

I find the attached graphic interesting. That blue hole that represents WV and southern Ohio ... I wonder how it came to be, as rural people are in general more religious than urban people, and you can hardly get more rural than WV! But that is what I found, as I mentioned; churches are dying out, lots of abandoned chapels or with an attendance in the single digits or teens. So Accordance users may be few and far between!

Faithland-US.png

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the trip. It won't be as "major" as getting to visit Israel, but it'll still be great. There'll be some really nice people up there and some great food. I will be near the border of Ohio, PA, and Virginia, so if there's any other Accordance users in the region that wants some Accordance training while I'm up there, let me know!

I'll have both my MacBook Air and Windows notebook while traveling, so I can continue to test Accordance as well and can train on either platform.

3 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I'm looking forward to the trip. It won't be as "major" as getting to visit Israel, but it'll still be great. There'll be some really nice people up there and some great food. I will be near the border of Ohio, PA, and Virginia, so if there's any other Accordance users in the region that wants some Accordance training while I'm up there, let me know!

If you are there in spring or early summer, you can try the local specialty: ramps. You need not invite me to share them, you can have them all. 🤣

It'd be around June, so I might miss it. Would be fun to try.

The sad news is I can only got for two weeks now since one of the members of my party can only take off work for two weeks. I guess it's still better than nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of West Virginia, I may be headed up to Eureka Springs (still in Arkansas) for two weeks in June. Where I'm staying may not have Wi-Fi, so I may be having to check in here in "batches" a couple times a week during those couple of weeks.

I'll have both my Windows PC and MacBook Air with me, but I may have issues doing much bug report testing during that time. I'll only be taking the MacBook Air into town on Wi-Fi. The Windows PC will be connected to my Baron WxWorx satellite receiver in case a storm comes up at the cabin I'm staying in.