Phrasing and Highlighting don't line up

Sam Freney

When a line is indented multiple times within poetry, word highlighting and the displayed word don't line up anymore.

This screenshot is of Psalm 38:5. Poetry display is *on* (i.e. the 'suppress poetry' display setting is unchecked).

The red underline is highlighting on the word γνῶ, and the blue highlighting on the word ὑστερῶ.

Once a few indents/tabs are inserted using phrasing, the highlighting (and mouseover instant details) is misaligned with the text display. If the indents are removed, the alignment goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen in regular text display (i.e. narrative portions); it's behaviour peculiar to whatever is going on behind the scenes with poetry and Greek text.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 11.26.11 am.png

What version of Accordance, macOS, what module are you in, and what highlighting file?

Ah yes. Sorry.

Acc 14.0.8.

MacOS 14.1.2

LXX Rahlfs Tagged module, and just the default highlight file that I've customised a bit. Do you need me to upload the highlights file?

Here's what mine looks like when I try it. Here's my phrasing data attached.

I may need to load in your phrasing data.

2023-12-05_18-40-52.png

LXX1.zip

I loaded up your phrasing and it didn't look exactly the same as this, for some reason. (The last two lines were one line, at the same level as the previous two).

What happens if you keep indenting the hina/ti lines? Mine looks fine at that indent level, but if there are additional tabs/indents at the start of the line it begins to display the behaviour outlined above.

I have the module set to separate verses, verse reference above the verse. I'll find my phrasing file...

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.04.06 pm.png

Edited by Sam Freney

I think that's how mine is set. I couldn't get mine to indent further. Let me load in your phrasing file and see what happens.

Here's mine with yours loaded in.

I think you're a beta tester. What happens if you test this in the beta?

2023-12-05_21-30-57.png