Cannot Add A New Pane?

David Garrison

I don't understand this error (1st attached image) or what to do about it.  I'm on a 14" M1 Pro MBP, running the default screen resolution (1512x982).  I have other workspaces (2nd attached image) with more zones than the first... although I can't add anything to that either.  I'd really like to run my stacks down the right side of the screen, but it won't let me add that or anything else.  It sure looks like I have plenty of screen real estate to add more panes. 

I'm assuming there's a setting somewhere that's preventing this, but I can't find it.

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 1.43.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 1.45.07 PM.png

Edited by David Garrison
forgot the 2nd screenshot

What happens if you go to Settings (Preferences)>General and check "Open Parallel Panes in Vertical Orientation"?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

What happens if you go to Settings (Preferences)>General and check "Open Parallel Panes in Vertical Orientation"?

That was selected.  The stack will open on the bottom of the screen (horizontally), but it won't let me move it to the right side.  I do get a slightly different error message, though:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 2.12.27 PM.png

Is  Settings (Preferences)>Workspaces Default Maximum Zones set to Unlimited?

Yep.  No change in behavior.

I think this is because our resizing algorithm is kinda stupid.  Since the info pane you have open is already at it's minimum width, Accordance thinks there's no room for another pane.  I'll see if I have time to fix that, but in the meantime, I think slightly widening the info pane should fix this issue.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

I think this is because our resizing algorithm is kinda stupid.  Since the info pane you have open is already at it's minimum width, Accordance thinks there's no room for another pane.  I'll see if I have time to fix that, but in the meantime, I think slightly widening the info pane should fix this issue.

It would be nice to see this fixed. It's a minor annoyance but one that's been there for a while. Thank you Silas!

• Like 1