How to Create Daily Reading

miketeel

Can someone point me to instructions on how to create a daily reading of scriptures (a devotional)

You can open a Devotional from the Devotional section of the Library (it also includes various Bible reading plans). You can set your default devotional in Settings (Preferences)>Reading/Research.

You can download additional reading plans on the Accordance Exchange (Help menu), and you can create a new User Tool of daily Bible readings, but it won't be fully tagged as a "Calendar Devotional" at the moment (that would make for a useful Feature Request).

One Bible Reading plan I use the most is Butler's Daily Bible Reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Nathan for the reply. I think you misunderstood my question I’m looking for a way to create a devotional for others to use one that would point to different readings in the Bible depending on the date. Are there instructions somewhere that would help me learn how to do this?

I think you could do this in a User Tool and hyperlink the Scriptures themselves, but I'm not sure if there's a way to have it automatically change each day at the moment. The user would need to scroll through the work to the proper day.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dr. Nathan Parker

If I create an Accordance hyperlink to a resource (e.g. NIV Bible) and place the link somewhere public (e.g. in google calendar),

would others be able to click the hyperlink and have it go to their instance of the resource (e.g. open NIV to the specified chapter and verse in their Accordance account)?

This could be a viable workaround until Accordance allows user tools to be set as the daily reading resource in preferences.

Here's a test using Google Calendar, with just 2 days of readings: 21 Dec 2023 (Romans 1) and 22 Dec 2023 (Romans 2).

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=b46ecff9810b4057890fcde12fc27784a3ab7d440cb06dadea78dab9cec1b624%40group.calendar.google.com

Click on "Daily Reading" for each day to get the Accordance link.

Note: when I tried this, it opened a new Accordance workspace (new window). Is there a way to open the linked resource directly within an Accordance workspace that is already open?

cc: @miketeel

Edited by Lawrence

I thought there was a way to do this. Let me ask around.

I have someone looking into the Hyperlinks Question. In the meantime, try this for Daily Reading.

Here’s an option: Open Chronological Readings from the Library. Click on the reference to open your default Bible version. In Preferences, under Amplify, select Text tab at the bottom of the window instead of Text Browser.

PastedGraphic-5.png

PastedGraphic-7.png