Guidelines for accepting Bible translations

mbcvida

No hidden agenda here, but does Accordance have particular guidelines they use to determine whether to accept a Bible translation for licensing? In other words is any book that claims to be a Bible translation, acceptable; no matter how questionable the translation? For instance, if someone asked for the New World translation, or Joseph Smith’s inspired version, would Accordance pursue that particularly “translation?” Just a curious question as to the criteria used. If this has been discussed point me to the appropriate post

thx

• Like 1

I don't think we have any public guidelines on here. I'd have to ask licensing if we have any specifics. What I do know is at the moment, we try to focus on translations that would sell to a wide customer base. Bible translations are some of our more "intense" projects, so we try to focus on Bible translations that are going to sell well.

• Like 1

The principal focus of Accordance used to be research. Now it is sales. Too bad.

5 hours ago, A.D. Riddle said:

The principal focus of Accordance used to be research. Now it is sales. Too bad.

The principal focus is still research, but we have to have regular sales to fund development of our research tools. Our programmers and module developers have to eat. :-) 

We do have some foreign-language Bibles in the pipeline, so stay tuned!