Overview Videos on Targums and Targums Wordmaps

Dr. Nathan Parker

I'm working on some product overview videos, and I was going to do one on the Targums and Targums Wordmaps. However, I realized I'm in over my head on those.

Are there any Accordance Users who use these works frequently and would like to make a short (few minute) product overview of these we could feature?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

I'm working on some product overview videos, and I was going to do one on the Targums and Targums Wordmaps. However, I realized I'm in over my head on those.

Are there any Accordance Users who use these works frequently and would like to make a short (few minute) product overview of these we could feature?

Have you watched the webinar video that was made with the creator of this resource? The webinar itself must go back to 2-3 years ago. That would be a good starting point if you haven't seen it. I think it's this one:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/679317973?h=35d915f3d8&dnt=1&app_id=122963

There's also this one made by Joel Brown:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/388371197?h=435e4071bd&dnt=1&app_id=122963

Edited by Donald Cobb
  • Like 1

I just watched Joel Brown's excellent (and enthusiastic!) presentation of the Targums Wordmap. My distinct impression for several years has been that he was one of the main innovating forces behind the more recent Accordance iterations until his departure, some months before the release of Acc. 14. Re-watching this video reminded me of his infectious excitement and interest in pushing Accordance's boundaries further. Accordance, can you please bring him back? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

Accordance, can you please bring him back? 

Joel is both enthusiastic and brilliant. If I remember correctly, he's currently working for a NASA contractor, creating test software for the Mars Rover. Last I heard, he was working with Accordance as a consultant on a limited basis. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Last I heard, he was working with Accordance as a consultant on a limited basis. 

Yeah, I've read that a couple times in these forums. The only bad part about that is in the words "consultant" and "limited." 😀

Edited by Donald Cobb
  • Like 5

Thanks for the videos! We need to feature those. 

Joel is still working on projects for us, and at least we’ll know who to help us bring Accordance to Mars when the time comes. 😉

• Like 1

I thinking of investing in these soon myself, I think I will add it to the wishlist.😁

Great! :-) I may try to do a video on them, but I'll admit they're a little more advanced than I got into in my biblical language studies.

• Like 1