Word study preferences options PLEASE!

Accordance Enthusiast

I can't believe this is not possible in Accordance. I customize my word study and the next time I open a word study tab it's all back to the basic information which is not what I want. Here is an example:

image.thumb.png.e1dd32c746be07166a3ccbcb0395a4b7.png

Next time I do a study it shows this:

image.thumb.png.2d2107a8eeb1c91b6e8535a4a4677641.png

It's pretty useless to show me a text compare with the same text I'm searching, and a Pie chart showing one word in the text I'm searching. 

Please add this feature, so we can set how the word study should appear every time, e.g. two pie charts, Targum intertext, etc.

It would be so great if we could customize the display for all new word studies.

By the way, I already shared this feedback before Accordance 14 was released, but I never even got a response! 

Edited by Accordance Enthusiast
  • Like 1

Thanks for bringing this back up. I wasn't here when you posted your original post, so I started engaging with feature requests from January 2023 onward.

I'm trying to think of the best way to document this as a feature request. Would you want something in a "Set Pane Options" window with a checkbox that says "remember Word Study layout when closing tab", or should this be in Settings/Preferences? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Would you want something in a "Set Pane Options" window with a checkbox that says "remember Word Study layout when closing tab", or should this be in Settings/Preferences? 

Good software like Accordance usually has more than one way to do things like this. So ideally it should be adjustable from the Word Study pane and from preferences...

• Like 1

I never really thought of making such an option, just used it as it is. But I would be happy if this was implemented.

• Like 1