Accordance at ETS

Mark Allison

I am here. Nathan had earlier said he would not be able to come this year. I met Ryan briefly at the Accordance display, but he was with a customer so we did not get to chat. I found out he and I are PhD students at the same seminary. 

• Like 2

True, I didn't make it to ETS this year. Mixup in my seminary delayed my getting to present this year.

Other team members are there. Hopefully they'll post some pictures. Hope they're all having a great time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

Do you know if the cloud version of Accordance is being demoed at ETS, @Nathan Parker

Wouldn't that be nice, however, I am going with no.

To my knowledge, probably not, but I'm not there, so I'm not 100% sure of what all we're demoing. I know about the ETS/SBL sales, but I'm not sure what else we're featuring.

48 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

To my knowledge, probably not, but I'm not there, so I'm not 100% sure of what all we're demoing. I know about the ETS/SBL sales, but I'm not sure what else we're featuring.

Are you sure you guys have fixed the communication issues?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mhanel said:

Are you sure you guys have fixed the communication issues?

@mhanel, sounds somewhat familiar!  ETS/SBL is an excellent event for giving demonstrations and what is forthcoming.  There seems to be very little communication from those on here and those at the ETS/SBL Accordance booth regarding demoing. I was hopeful for the rollout of Accordance Cloud for ETS/SBL!  

• Like 2

Based on what was said previously, I wasn't expecting the Cloud demo yet, it just sounds like this group needs something like Slack/Teams or whatever to keep channels of communication going. They know what sales are happening, so they have that channel open it seems, but everything else seems like it's a mystery.

• Like 3

An early Accordance cloud demo was shown two years ago at ETS. It's not a very encouraging sign if they're not showing anything this year. 

• Like 3

I'm guessing there's no demo of the new version 14 syncing solution either? 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I'm guessing there's no demo of the new version 14 syncing solution either? 

It seems quiet with the other guys as far as anything new, so it seems to reason that it hasn't been a priority this year. @Mark Allison

We have plenty of ways to communicate as a team.

Since I'm not attending ETS/SBL this year and not serving at the booth, I am aware of some but not all of what our team will be showcasing/demoing there (For example, I am aware of the sale items since I post those on the forums). 

To my knowledge, we haven't demoed enhanced syncing at ETS/SBL.

57 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

We have plenty of ways to communicate as a team.

Since I'm not attending ETS/SBL this year and not serving at the booth, I am aware of some but not all of what our team will be showcasing/demoing there (For example, I am aware of the sale items since I post those on the forums). 

To my knowledge, we haven't demoed enhanced syncing at ETS/SBL.

I guess my question is if you know what's being showcased why aren't you or anyone saying what is being showcased/demoed? It just seems like we're pulling teeth to learn things. Share pictures, videos, marketing copy, etc. All I've heard about is sales. 

• Like 2

Many were hoping for some demo or update on Accordance Cloud and Syncing.  It has been AN ENTIRE YEAR since Accordance 14 was sold by advertising "Accordance Cloud" as a feature.   We were hoping the ETS/SBL might be a time when we would finally see something coming.  

Edited by dmwebb6

I've been posting the weekly sales, but I also did receive the ETS/SBL sales flyer that we're giving out at the conferences. I just asked management to make sure I have the final copy, and I've asked for clearance to post it here. If I can upload it here, I will.

Other than that, I don't have any additional details of what we're featuring at the conferences. Hopefully other colleagues who are at ETS/SBL this year will post pictures of the event or more details about what all is occurring at the conferences.

• Like 1

I'm at ETS/SBL this year, but have not had a chance to stop by the booth yet. I should have time tomorrow so I'll visit and report back.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, darrylmy said:

I'm at ETS/SBL this year, but have not had a chance to stop by the booth yet. I should have time tomorrow so I'll visit and report back.

@darrylmy, thanks for keeping us posted for what is going on at ETS/SBL, with any new rollouts, and updates.

• Like 3

The flyer we're giving out to customers at the booth is identical to what I posted for the past two weeks of sale content, so I'll just refer you to these announcements instead. They're "interactive" and link to the store instead of a static PDF:

We did release some new modules recently including the long-awaited Greek for the Rest of Us.

I'm not at the conference, so I hope you're having a great time @darrylmy! Thanks for dropping by the booth!

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

I'm not at the conference

I'm sorry you weren't able to attend, but at least everyone at the conference will get to meet Troy and spend some time talking to him. In my experience, that was the thing that Accordance users loved the most—spending time interacting with the owners at the biggest and most important show of the year.

Edited by Mark Allison

There are some great team members at the conference, so there's plenty of people to interact with besides me! I won't be able to attend 2024's either (out of my region), but we'll see if 2025 works. Maybe I can finally present that year as well.

• Like 1

If the Accordance team finds out my mother is preparing a full, from-scratch Thanksgiving dinner, it wouldn't surprise me if they wished to have an "Accordance staff meeting" in Hot Springs on a particular Thursday on the way home from ETS/SBL. :-)

• Like 1

So I stopped by the booth yesterday and talked to Shaun and Michelle. Accordance Cloud was not being demoed, but it looks like it will be in beta soonish. DM if you want any other details. Although any type of confidentially wasn't mentioned, I don't really feel comfortable publicly sharing information that Accordance has not announced.

• Like 5

@darrylmy thank you for the exclusive update!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:47 PM, darrylmy said:

So I stopped by the booth yesterday and talked to Shaun and Michelle. Accordance Cloud was not being demoed, but it looks like it will be in beta soonish. DM if you want any other details. Although any type of confidentially wasn't mentioned, I don't really feel comfortable publicly sharing information that Accordance has not announced.

That's good news! Did they mention anything about the new syncing solution?