Windows VM on Apple Silicon Macs Running Parallels

Dr. Nathan Parker

Has anyone been using Parallels Desktop to run a Windows VM on Apple Silicon Macs?

Do most apps run smoothly, or are there any issues?

If I owned a Mac desktop that supported multiple displays, could I run two Windows apps on two different displays with it?

Thanks!

Also, I guess this version of Windows 11 Pro isn't compatible with Parallels VMs?

https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/11/07/grab-a-windows-11-pro-lifetime-license-for-just-2497

I use parallels daily and am upgrading to apple silicon next year so I've been closely following this. There is a whole community of Paratext users who run parallels and many of them use apple silicon. I've not seen any significant issues and they use a variety of windows 10 and 11 setups. So far as accordance specifically, it shouldn't matter. The VM will run anything that runs on windows and make the adjustments needed. There are some specific instructions from Parallels, various white papers, etc, on the technical issues of running the vm on apple silicon. If you search I'm sure you'll find them in no time. 

And yes, with parallels you can use multiple displays. 

Let's see a screenshot of 2 monitors with 2 Accodrance(s), one running on MacOS natively and the other one running in a Windows VM :P

Thanks everyone for the discussion. I will also follow it. Accordance I can run natively on macOS, but there are a few apps I run on my Windows PC that I'd like to have a copy of them on an Apple Silicon Mac.

• 4 months later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:47 PM, jcornuz said:

Let's see a screenshot of 2 monitors with 2 Accodrance(s), one running on MacOS natively and the other one running in a Windows VM :P

actually did that just to test how my windows install was working. However, the two libraries took up too much space on my tiny 512gb ssd so I had to uninstall it. New macine will be 1tb. Maybe I'll try it again and post pics.