BibleWorks replacement for Mac?

bontempsroulez

I have been using BibleWorks on my PC.  I am switching to a Mac and I am looking for a program that will work on it the way I like to use Bibleworks.

This is how I use Bibleworks:

Looking at the Hebrew text, I can highlight each Hebrew word and it gives me the translation of that word in English.   If it’s a verb, it also gives me the root, binyan and person.

Can I do that in Accordance?

Edited by bontempsroulez
left out a sentence

10 minutes ago, John Fidel said:

Yes you can do that and much more.

If you can obtain a stable configuration: MacOS.Y ACC.X it all depends on how you fill the X and Y variables.

You can do all of that, and plenty more!

Additionally, Accordance is fully Mac native (we began as a Mac-only app), so you'll have better long-term support. It's also Apple Silicon-optimized (if you later upgrade to an Apple Silicon Mac).

The link above is a great one. I'd recommend one of our BW CrossOver packages.

This will give you some good training, plus check the "Tips for Users" section on here regularly:

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/2b99bda9c3ed4b7382a55737a7d54b46

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 11:15 AM, John Fidel said:

Yes you can do that and much more. You probably should look at this:

https://www.accordancebible.com/accordance-4-bibleworks/

How have I only learned about Live Click just now?  I'm both thrilled to discover it and disappointed that I didn't already know.  I stopped using BibleWorks in 2008, and still miss the Browse feature.

But I am a bit confused as to the difference between Live Click and the Text Browser.

Live Click activates Verse Lookup (= Text Browser), Word Usage, and Word Study tabs. Any of them can be toggled on/off, and all are customizable.

• Like 1

I'll do a QuickTip Video on Live Click next month.