Accordance 11 PDF Manual

Dr. Nathan Parker

Here's a PDF Manual of Accordance 11. It's a little dated, but there is still some useful training tips in it that still apply to 13 and 14.

At the moment, our help files are the most up-to-date. We're considering whether to offer an updated manual in the future, or at least an offline help option.

Accordance 11 Manual.pdf

• Like 1

Just a note here: The help documentation in every version of Accordance IS the manual. It has always been the exact resource that we used to make available in print.

We stopped printing it years ago because of the expense involved and because of the constant updates to Accordance that would quickly make any printed manual obsolete within a month or two. 

I strongly suggest offline help, and inclusion of any missing material in the manual book into the help system.

16 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

We're considering whether to offer an updated manual in the future

I'm very surprised to hear that this is something the Accordance team is considering. Accordance doesn't have the resources to devote any time to something as unnecessary as this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

I'm very surprised to hear that this is something the Accordance team is considering. Accordance doesn't have the resources to devote any time to something as unnecessary as this. 

It's something I would have personally done since I've revised manuals for the weather company I work for in a decent amount of time, so I could have revised the manual in a timely manner.

However, we're considering some form of offline help instead since it'd be quicker. Not sure if we'll just make the help files offline, PDF them, or see if we could somehow import them into an Accordance module. We'll welcome some feedback on the most practical way you'd want to access help files offline.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

It's something I would have personally done since I've revised manuals for the weather company I work for in a decent amount of time, so I could have revised the manual in a timely manner.

There's nothing that needs to be revised. Converting the html web documentation to an offline version or PDF is trivial. Do both if you want. 

Accordance should simply change the link at the bottom of the help files that says "Click here to view the most up-to-date version on our website" (which is redundant, since it should be exactly the same as the help files in the app) to "Click here to download a PDF or html version of our help documentation."

Good feedback. Thanks!

• Like 1

Will you please consider offering an offline help file as with Accordance 12 and 13 earlier? You can let users choose to download it so it won't make the instalation slower or larger.

I often want to check something in the Help files, and the internet version is quite slow for me.

Please re-enable this feature for us if you can!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great feedback. Thanks!