Bug in "Frequency Graph" section of "Word Study"

Wing Kei Wong

Here are the steps to trigger the bug. 

1. I did a Word Study with the Greek word καταργέω.

2. I scrolled to the "Frequency Graph" section and added a new graph with text other than Greek (in my case, I opened Mounced NT with enhanced G/K numbers), as shown below. 

image.thumb.png.19f80b3ea2aed89de9b145e34182d1ab.png

3. When I clicked on the graph of Mounce NT, it prompted an error message: The book "Katarge" cannot be found. 

However, when I clicked on the graph of NA28, it correctly showed the search result of καταργέω.

image.thumb.png.814718c8114f27c34bd11cac95880b85.png

What I expect is the search result of [GNT28-T καταργέω] with the text "Mounce NT". 

The following is my platform information:

MacBook Air M2

macOS: 14.0

Accordance version: 14.0.8

• Like 1

I can reproduce this. I get another dialog first that asks me to enter a word, then when I clear that, I get the same error message you're getting. I'll file this bug report.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks! Let me tell our teams it's also a Windows issue.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Version 14.0.9 solves this problem for my reported case. Thanks.

However, I found that a similar problem appears when the word study is done by key number when using NIV with enhanced G/K number. 

My test case is as follows:

Using "NIV with enhanced G/K number", do a word study of [KEY H06856]

In the Frequency Graph section, the graph of "NIV with enhanced G/K number" is correctly shown, but the graphs of other texts with strong numbers are wrong, and the results of the texts displayed when clicking on the graphs are also wrong. In my test case, a small window pops up and asks to select the correct strong number. 

I also did a test on a text with strong numbers. In my test case, I use ESVS and do a word study of [KEY H8605].

The graph of ESVS is correctly displayed and the text result is also correct when clicking on it. Other texts with strong numbers are also fine. However, the graph of NIV with enhanced G/K number is wrong and the text result is also wrong. 

Thus, I suspect that the program uses the G/K number to feed into the texts with strong numbers to do the search without converting to the corresponding strong numbers of the word, and vice versa. 

Edited by Wing Kei Wong

Can you give me sample verses with those key numbers? I'll test them.

On 2/10/2024 at 4:45 AM, Wing Kei Wong said:

My test case is as follows:

Thank you for the test cases and feedback. We hope to address the various phrase tagging issues in Word Study and Search Analysis/Graphs in a future revision of Accordance (hopefully 14.1).

• Thanks 1