Lithuanian Translation(s)

Brent Hobbs

Our church does missions work in Lithuania and are planning a conference for Lithuanian pastors. We wanted to donate Bible software to all those attending, but we've not been able to find any Bible software available with any Lithuanian translations. I'm a longtime Accordance user and I would love to see us be able to provide at least one Lithuanian translation so the pastors could at least use it beside a tagged Greek/Hebrew module, an English module (for those with some fluency), and maybe some study Bible notes or other. Even for those with no English, they could have some access to the original languages. 

There are several translations available. Bible.com has 5 Lithuanian translations in their app. I believe getting access and rights to one or more would not be difficult. I would even donate my time to prepare a module if that's possible. I'm also willing to fundraise if necessary. I don't know what the process is normally like but I think this could be a very helpful resource for these pastors and would love to see this happen, even though the demand may not be large due with an estimated number of 3 million people speaking the language. 

I'll have our team look into this. If you know of any other sources for Lithuanian translations, feel free to post the info here.

There's a 1999 translation that is most common among the partners we work with. That's the one I'd be most interested in having available. I've been told the publisher is Ganytojas, and should be able to provide some contact information in case anyone at Accordance would like to inquire about the possibility with them. 

Here is more info on the copyright.

https://www.bible.com/versions/321-ltb-lietuviska-biblija

• 1 month later...