Switching Laptops

Luckylou1980

If I get a new laptop and install my account to it will I loose all of my notes and those things that are listed in my “stacks”?

You won't lose anything. See:

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

So I finally got my new laptop and a tech mentioned that I could just download the newest 14 version with my account info and I should be able to easily download everything that I had. I did what he recommended and some items I have like 4 times , some dictionaries are missing, my atlas and non of my notes.

I see you're working with Tech Support on this. They'll be able to assist.

The claim is they will have syncing available soon. But many of us seriously doubt that it will happen anytime soon. I’m guessing there is internal turmoil because since of their most faithful employers have left or been pushed out recently. 

• Like 3

With 14.0.9 out, our desktop programming team is working full-time on syncing at the moment, and we're seeing great progress. We're optimistic to see a beta of it this Spring (provided Apple doesn't pull anything else with Sonoma!). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, Nathan, but I'm in the "put-up or shut up" mode at this point. We've been hearing this forever and seen nothing. In fact, many of us bought version 14 with the promise that this was coming "very soon". Very soon has come and gone and nothing. Accordance probably owes us for our upgrade fee. I won't be pushing it, but if the customers really wanted to, they probably could.

• Like 4

At least we'll see it before the Lord returns (unless He's planning on coming before this Spring)!

Will it sync notes, highlights, library organization, & settings between all platforms currently running Accordance by June 21, the end of spring 2024? Other programs do.

• Like 2

Kevin, I too bought 14 with the hopes of Cloud and sync, both of which were promised soon, but never produced.  I have also set Accordance aside and don't push it.  

• Like 2

Syncing is to come first to Desktop, followed by iOS. Android will be a new app (as we've mentioned earlier).

Syncing on desktop without syncing for iOS is useless for me.  One of the things I need is the ability to keep documents in sync between mobile and desktop.  For this reason, I have used the competitor more and more and Accordance less and less.   How long between desktop syncing and iOs syncing? 

Edited by dmwebb6
  • Like 2

We would likely add it to iOS shortly after Desktop after Desktop is thoroughly beta tested. That's how we usually roll out updates. As we get closer, we can announce specifics, but that's how we generally release updates.

We programmers are a weird bunch, aren't we?

To make hands clap, first make the left hand clap.

Once the left hand is clapping properly, work on the right hand. :)

On 3/16/2024 at 8:42 PM, KevinPurcell said:

Sorry, Nathan, but I'm in the "put-up or shut up" mode at this point. We've been hearing this forever and seen nothing. In fact, many of us bought version 14 with the promise that this was coming "very soon". Very soon has come and gone and nothing. Accordance probably owes us for our upgrade fee. I won't be pushing it, but if the customers really wanted to, they probably could.

I haven't pushed for a refund on upgrading, but I have not bought a single thing since version 14 came out. I know that may put them in a bind, but it was a self-inflicted wound. They chose to advertise and push pre-release upgrades knowing full well that the features promised were nowhere close to ready. I am still involved because I have money invested (I have not yet sold my Accordance library) because I think there is a niche for Accordance to exist with focus on original languages, but before I put more money into the ship, its course needs to be righted properly.

• Like 4

I finally got the software on my new laptop but unfortunately my stacks and my notes are gone. I moved the files from one laptop to the other and now on both they’re gone. Any ideas as to what happened and how to find them, if I can?

Also in my files and iCloud the folders for “my notes” and “stacks” are there ,but when I open them they’re now empty on both laptops .