Zondervan Scholarly Bible Study Suite

A. Smith

A long time ago I got the Zondervan Scholarly Bible Study Suite on CD ROM (!). Obviously that isn't available any more. But it seems like at least some of modules, namely the NT greek morpheme lexicon, is no longer available for purchase in accordance. Is this the case? 

A

@David Lang will probably have a better memory of this than I do, but Zondervan stopped licensing that suite many years ago. We stopped selling the CD, but if you still had one, you could install it on a new computer (at the time).

However, Accordance updated their module specifications several (many) years ago, and newer versions of Accordance won't run those old modules. As far as I can remember, some of the modules on the older Zondervan CDs were never updated to the new specifications. What that means is that the only way to run them is to have an original CD and an older Macintosh computer that will run a much older version of Accordance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I got a basic zondervan cd from accordance and when i contacted sales, they were able to add my missing files to my account so i would also try sales first to see what they can do for you. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

We'll look into it. 

I know the NIV-GK (1984 NIV) is available for anyone who has it on a Zondervan CD. I'm just not certain about some of the other modules on the CD. 

The whole reason i got mine was for me to get the niv study bible on the mac which i did. It came with a load of files, i have the ebc abridged and the original niv study bible (not the carson one) installed so they dont show up in my downloads but there are a load which i havent bothered to as ive upgraded my library but this screen shot gives a flavour of what is there but its only the essential set but i would be surprised if many of the more advanced tools were missing as they would run on 9 or 10.

9F2A6871-2E52-4AB6-BAE2-D7EE6BB7FEAA.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

I've got the NT greek morpheme lexicon working in Accordance 14. I bought the Zondervan CD years ago when it was new.

Edited by RKG

16 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

@David Lang will probably have a better memory of this than I do, but Zondervan stopped licensing that suite many years ago. We stopped selling the CD, but if you still had one, you could install it on a new computer (at the time).

However, Accordance updated their module specifications several (many) years ago, and newer versions of Accordance won't run those old modules. As far as I can remember, some of the modules on the older Zondervan CDs were never updated to the new specifications. What that means is that the only way to run them is to have an original CD and an older Macintosh computer that will run a much older version of Accordance. 

It still runs just fine for me as an installed module. It even installs via easy update. 

To be clear, I've got the modules. No problem. But the post I've attached is looking for a module like the NT Morphemes Lexicon, which was part of the CD-ROM (which, again, I now a part of my digital easy instal modules). So this was an indirect way of asking why it's not available for purchase for new customers. The answer seems to be that there is now a licensing issue?

5 hours ago, A. Smith said:

So this was an indirect way of asking why it's not available for purchase for new customers. The answer seems to be that there is now a licensing issue?

There was also a question about the original niv study bible as it was available via download for those who had the cd but never on the store for those who had accordance and i think that came down to licensing which always seemed strange with all the zondervan products and that was long before the carson volume was published.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, A. Smith said:

The answer seems to be that there is now a licensing issue?

It definitely WAS a licensing issue. Not sure if that's changed or not. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

It definitely WAS a licensing issue. 

Who can fathom the minds of publishers? (Possibly sung to who can sound the depths of sorrow by Graham Kendrick!)

• Haha 2

I'm having someone look into this. Once I have an update, I'll let you know. Might be next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having some computer problems that seemed to impact on Accordance.  Having upgraded to Accordance 14 things have settled down.

However there are a number of files that I cannot access on my Intel iMac and all come from my purchases of 'The NIV Study Bible Complete Library for Macintosh' many moons ago.  The strange thing though is that I also have a MacBook Pro with Apple Silicon and nearly all these files are accessible.

I await a suitable outcome.

Call customer support. They'll help you.